The Student Room Group

Reserve List - Border Force Officer - July 2019 Candidates

Hi guys, how many of you are currently on the reserve list for July 2019 recruitment process. My interview was in the first week of October 2019.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just done my interview last week and got news yesterday that I am on reserve list. That was for Gatwick, considering it took nearly 4 months awaiting interview, getting results was pretty quick..
Reply 2
I did my interview last week and I’m also on the reserve list for Gatwick. I wonder how long we will have to wait?
Reply 3
Original post by MOJ12345
I did my interview last week and I’m also on the reserve list for Gatwick. I wonder how long we will have to wait?

did you have more than one interview as my confirmation mentions "1st interview date"?
Reply 4
Only one interview
Reply 5
Had my interview yesterday
Hoping I don’t have to wait too long
Reply 6
Got an email tonight saying I’d been successful and added to reserve list
Reply 7
I had an interview in Liverpool yesterday.. got an email 3 hours later as I was on the reserve list
Reply 8
Hope things start moving soon
Reply 9
Original post by C98bax
Hope things start moving soon

Me too, really don’t like the waiting game 😂
Reply 10
Original post by Tiahub
Me too, really don’t like the waiting game 😂

Yeah me either does my head in! Just want a jobbbb 🙄😂
I’ve been on reserve list since April 2019 after applying in October 2018!!! Be prepared for a very long wait :0(
Reply 12
Original post by Runner1708
I’ve been on reserve list since April 2019 after applying in October 2018!!! Be prepared for a very long wait :0(

Where did you apply for?
Yes I think it’s worth noting that once you pass your interview chances are you will actually be on a reserve list for Atleast 6 months.
Reply 14
Yes I think it’s worth noting that once you pass your interview chances are you will actually be on a reserve list for Atleast 6 months.

I think it more depends on the locations needs. I’ve read about people being given a provisional offer the day after they’ve found out they were successful at interview. the chances might be slim but it does happen.
Original post by C98bax
Where did you apply for?

Manchester!
Original post by Runner1708
Manchester!

Gatwick for me :smile:
Reply 17
Gatwick for me :smile:

I applied for Manchester
Anyone had any updates yet?
Original post by manj_llb
Hi guys, how many of you are currently on the reserve list for July 2019 recruitment process. My interview was in the first week of October 2019.

Is it really that competitive they need a reserve list for a job like this, wow.

This thread has sparked my curiosity. Is this job for the person who looks at my passport when i enter the UK? (although with the new machines you dont even need to speak to these people anymore...)

What sort of education do you need? btec, a-levels, degree?
Whats the salary?

Are any of you worried the job is going to be really boring? It doesn't look a particularly fun job when i leave an airport? / Why are you wanting this role?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending