The Student Room Group

Mum had an abortion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Please point me to this so-called clump of cells? I can't see one after 8 weeks (abortions are usually performed between 9 and 12 weeks when it is clearly a small human developing baby).
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy-week-by-week

Still not a real person :dontknow:
Firslty, your asking for other people’s opinion but your using an awful lot of emotive language that expressed ur biased view.

My opinion: idc. You wouldn’t know. And it’s not really ur business
Original post by Glaz
Still not a real person :dontknow:

suppose he's taking a more philosophical stand point on it, ie the fact that it has potential for human life and consciousness must mean it should be conceived as a person or whatever.
My mum has been in this position and I know it was the right decision considering the circumstance. I do wonder though if that child would have been a better son/daughter than I have been and if my mum would have been happier if she had aborted me instead.
i would be quite upset and disappointed with her that she'd even thought of doing such a thing.

but knowing my relationship with my mother, I'll end up forgiving her and getting over it in less than a week, regardless whether she's sorry or not.
My mum had a miscarriage between having my sister and having me. There is still a ‘sibling that never was’ In some countries, miscarriage and stillbirth is illegal and as morally reprehensible as abortion. Yes that miscarriage could have been me. The principle is the same- what happened happened for a reason. It wouldn’t personally bother me.
Reply 26
Original post by sinfonietta
No. It's not my business. I'm not the one raising the child - my mother would be.

Sin, you had a baby and are letting your mum raise it? :wink:
Reply 27
How would you feel if your mum did this? And had your sibling's life ended? And therefore killed. Wouldn't you feel a member of your family is missing? Would you feel lucky that she didn't use her womb as an execution chamber for you? Would you thank your mum at least she spared your life, because you know having stable finance is what really counts. If she didn't have that you would have been given the saline wash or skull cracking treatment. That's just life.. or death, ahem sorry I mean "abortion"...no life or death involved when there's a developing human baby of course.

Excuse me but i think you are being somewhat sanctimonious and judgy with dreamy ideas about what life is about! I can guarantee that your mum did not agree to an abortion casually. It is her body! She knows! You have not said a single thing about her relationship issues , her emotional state or who the father is! And your mum does not owe you any explanation either!
Reply 28
Original post by Leviathan1611
i would be quite upset and disappointed with her that she'd even thought of doing such a thing.

but knowing my relationship with my mother, I'll end up forgiving her and getting over it in less than a week, regardless whether she's sorry or not.

Yes you should because it is , quite frankly,none of your business! And it is her body not yours!
Reply 29
My mum has been in this position and I know it was the right decision considering the circumstance. I do wonder though if that child would have been a better son/daughter than I have been and if my mum would have been happier if she had aborted me instead.

An absolutely futile piece of wondering if ever i heard one! Coulda, woulda, shoulda nonsensical reasoning that is more about your very low self esteem than it is about your mum's "right decision" to have an abortion! You are here and, believe me, your mum thinks no such thing! You are here so make the most of your life!
Reply 30
My mum had a miscarriage between having my sister and having me. There is still a ‘sibling that never was’ In some countries, miscarriage and stillbirth is illegal and as morally reprehensible as abortion. Yes that miscarriage could have been me. The principle is the same- what happened happened for a reason. It wouldn’t personally bother me.

This is their ignorance though isn't it? Miscarriages can happen for a variety of reasons beyond one's control.
Original post by mgi
An absolutely futile piece of wondering if ever i heard one! Coulda, woulda, shoulda nonsensical reasoning that is more about your very low self esteem than it is about your mum's "right decision" to have an abortion! You are here and, believe me, your mum thinks no such thing! You are here so make the most of your life!

I wasn't really asking for anyone's opinion on what I think or why I think it.
Reply 32
I wasn't really asking for anyone's opinion on what I think or why I think it.

Ok. So why make such a foolish post then?
Original post by mgi
Ok. So why make such a foolish post then?

I was simply answering OP's question. Why comment on my post if you think it's foolish?
Original post by mgi
Yes you should because it is , quite frankly,none of your business! And it is her body not yours!

none of my business? she just murdered my sibling wth? she's not some stranger to me. I'm not forgiving because of that silly argument, I'm forgiving her simply because no matter what my mother does to me, I will end up forgiving her whether I want to or not, I can't stay mad at the woman who gave birth to me and feeds me. I've tried many times and it doesn't work, has nothing to do with that argument of yours.
Reply 35
I was simply answering OP's question. Why comment on my post if you think it's foolish?

So you and others know my viewpoint ,which is exactly why you post comments as well, right?
Original post by mgi
So you and others know my viewpoint ,which is exactly why you post comments as well, right?

Can you stop attacking this poster. He/she wanted to get something off their chest about this subject. Pretty awful thing to go through realising your mum did that and it could have been you...that poster was just working through their thought process and they must have some complex feelings about this.
LOL what? If my mum ended up getting pregnant now I would be happy if she got an abortion. Anyway, what's it to me. Oh, and, FYI...abortion IS NOT murder.

My mum also had a miscarriage between my brother and me, her mum had a stillborn between my mum and her brother. My mum has told me that if she hadn't miscarried I probably wouldn't be alive.
Reply 39
Can you stop attacking this poster. He/she wanted to get something off their chest about this subject. Pretty awful thing to go through realising your mum did that and it could have been you...that poster was just working through their thought process and they must have some complex feelings about this.

I have said nothing wrong. I am not attacking this poster and i don't take orders from you on what I am allowed to say. If you can state your opinion on attitudes and expressions about abortion then so can I. You don't have to agree with me! " It could of been her". Oh please! It wasn't- that is a fact, right? And her mum's body belongs to her mum ,right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending