The Student Room Group

Feel like I am never going to meet someone?

I’m 21.

I put myself out there. I’m involved in a sport at uni, I’m going abroad with my course society, i go on nights out. So yeah I’m kinda putting myself out there

But I just can never find someone I click with. I can’t find a girl who I put the effort in with but who also also puts in some effort. It’s been me being interested but the girl either has a boyfriend or doesn’t even want to friend zone me (that’s how bad it is).

Yeah I just feel like my clock is ticking. Now I’m putting pressure on myself to get One Night Stands BECAUSE I HAVE LITERALLY NO EXPERIENCE OF SEX OR LOVE AT AGE 21 HOLY ****.

I just feel some general anxiety and hopelessness now.

Scroll to see replies

It takes time. But someone will love you. Just wait for the right person. Don't worry I never had my first relationship till 28 which was embarrassing but I just had to find someone that rly liked me
22 and similarish. I will say though that you will be suprised who has liked you.

My biggest issue is that I lack the belief to take things forward and even if someone likes me I assume I’m being played 😂
I am 25, how do you think I feel ?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
22 and similarish. I will say though that you will be suprised who has liked you.

My biggest issue is that I lack the belief to take things forward and even if someone likes me I assume I’m being played 😂

Idk I think maybe 1 or 2 girls liked me during high school that’s it.

Literally no girl I know at uni has dropped any hint whatsoever. I can’t even make friends tbh lol
you’re still young chill
Idk I think maybe 1 or 2 girls liked me during high school that’s it.

Literally no girl I know at uni has dropped any hint whatsoever. I can’t even make friends tbh lol

I think that’s 2 more than I got at school. If you are close with a girl let her know as they often tell each other
Reply 7
I think that’s 2 more than I got at school. If you are close with a girl let her know as they often tell each other

I’m at university now.

There are 2 girls I’m close with. I’m good friends with them and not interested in further and neither are they. Not much mutual friends/groups between us tbh.
Reply 8
Original post by IH8Studying
you’re still young chill

I’m 21 man. And when I was 18 I thought I would meet someone when I got olderit’s been 3 years. What’s to say I won’t be making a thread like this when I am 30
I’m 21 man. And when I was 18 I thought I would meet someone when I got olderit’s been 3 years. What’s to say I won’t be making a thread like this when I am 30

i understand 30 but 21? most ppl find true love at like 25 or 27
Original post by IH8Studying
i understand 30 but 21? most ppl find true love at like 25 or 27

So should I just be going out and trying to get laid?

with that mindset, you will be.

dont worry about it OP - you’ll meet someone - the vast majority of people do and remember - it isnt a race to find someone and settle down.
I’m at university now.

There are 2 girls I’m close with. I’m good friends with them and not interested in further and neither are they. Not much mutual friends/groups between us tbh.

I’m not saying to ask them out. I’m saying sometimes letting them know you are looking for someone can be good as they are able to see who likes you better than yourself.

They may say A over there likes you
One day away from being 24 and in the same boat.
So should I just be going out and trying to get laid?

you shouldn’t be doing anything. you don’t have to laid. don’t let people fool you into thinking your behind on things. and you’re not normal for not getting laid or being in a relationship. enjoy your life dude. find love and fun somewhere else. put your energy into being a better person and ur future
Original post by awkwardshortguy
One day away from being 24 and in the same boat.

Happy birthday 👊
Happy birthday 👊

Thanks OP!
When you're 18 saying this people tell you not to worry and maybe they're right. I think only about half the people at my high school dated.

When you're 21 and say this people tell you you're still young. They're right, 21's a fraction of your life, but damn if it doesn't seem like all your friends are getting into relationships.

When you graduate college and still have no experience people begin to admit something's amiss. But you're young, right?

Sooner or later 30's going to roll around. If there's anything I've learned it's that meeting people and connecting with them gets exponentially harder as you get older. I used to have more friends than I could count when I was in grade school, now I'm lucky to make one friend each term. **** the naysayers OP, you're right to be concerned. I can't say I have a magic bullet to turn things around but keep working on meeting people and building your skills. Don't let time slip by while idly hoping a perfect person gets served to you on a silver platter, if that **** worked you'd be in a relationship right now.
Opportunites will come to find a girl. Just be confident and ask her out and dont worry about past disappointments which most people experience at some time or another.
When you're 18 saying this people tell you not to worry and maybe they're right. I think only about half the people at my high school dated.

When you're 21 and say this people tell you you're still young. They're right, 21's a fraction of your life, but damn if it doesn't seem like all your friends are getting into relationships.

When you graduate college and still have no experience people begin to admit something's amiss. But you're young, right?

Sooner or later 30's going to roll around. If there's anything I've learned it's that meeting people and connecting with them gets exponentially harder as you get older. I used to have more friends than I could count when I was in grade school, now I'm lucky to make one friend each term. **** the naysayers OP, you're right to be concerned. I can't say I have a magic bullet to turn things around but keep working on meeting people and building your skills. Don't let time slip by while idly hoping a perfect person gets served to you on a silver platter, if that **** worked you'd be in a relationship right now.

Original post by dennaj54
Opportunites will come to find a girl. Just be confident and ask her out and dont worry about past disappointments which most people experience at some time or another.

thanks great advice I agree. I was kinda down when I made this thread. I’m feeling better now and know I will meet someone I connect with this year. Just need to sort out my coursework first lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending