The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, I haven’t gotten an interview yet. My stats are

GCSE’s:A*AAABBBBCC
PREDICTED: AAB
UCAT: 3 600-700 score, 1 500 score (averaged out to 612.5)
SJT- BAND 2

I calculated my score and got 38. Are there still any interviews coming, do I have any chance? I haven’t heard back from my other applications either so I’m super depressed 😞
Stay positive. 🤞🤞🤞
Are interviews still coming or have they given all of them?
Original post by nabiha.sm
Are interviews still coming or have they given all of them?

they should still be handing a few out - but it seems its become slsightly quite - but dw !
UPDATE: INTERVIEWS ARE STILL BEING HANDED OUT - all interviews should be handed out by Monday !! - they are all done in batches.
THIS APPLIES TO LINCOLN AS WELL
Original post by shum1614
UPDATE: INTERVIEWS ARE STILL BEING HANDED OUT - all interviews should be handed out by Monday !! - they are all done in batches.
THIS APPLIES TO LINCOLN AS WELL

Thank you x
I just got an email saying I’ve been rejected by Nottingham... and it hit my confidence really bad. I feel like I’m worthless trash.

I applied to both foundation courses... and I guess this means two of my four choices are gone.

It was nice being hopeful for medicine... but I guess they’re really not interested in me :smile:
Original post by Hallowkin
I just got an email saying I’ve been rejected by Nottingham... and it hit my confidence really bad. I feel like I’m worthless trash.

I applied to both foundation courses... and I guess this means two of my four choices are gone.

It was nice being hopeful for medicine... but I guess they’re really not interested in me :smile:

Don’t lose hope! It’s hard to get offers from all 4 medicine choices anyway! Do you mind telling us your stats?
Original post by Robyn2002
Don’t lose hope! It’s hard to get offers from all 4 medicine choices anyway! Do you mind telling us your stats?

It’s up in the thread... just a a few replies up from before I said I was rejected. I’ve honestly lost hope, if a foundation course won’t accept me I don’t think anywhere will.

I’m considering the idea of going abroad but I have no idea where to even start looking

Please don’t lose hope! If you haven’t heard from your other two there’s still definitely a chance!! Remember no news is good news 🙂
I wouldnt give up -- they accept so many people on clearing -
keele
edge hill
leicester
nottingham
sheffield
all accept clearing ppl
Original post by shum1614
I wouldnt give up -- they accept so many people on clearing -
keele
edge hill
leicester
nottingham
sheffield
all accept clearing ppl

My grades are AAB and clearing happens before results day. Would I still be able to go through clearing?
Reply 152
My grades are AAB and clearing happens before results day. Would I still be able to go through clearing?

Just remember that everything happens for the best even if it doesn’t feel like it at the time. Lots of people are going through rejection from medicine rn you are not alone but keep moving you WILL reach your goals, you’ll find a way. X
It’s up in the thread... just a a few replies up from before I said I was rejected. I’ve honestly lost hope, if a foundation course won’t accept me I don’t think anywhere will.

I’m considering the idea of going abroad but I have no idea where to even start looking

There is someone at my college who is resitting the year. She does psychology, sociology and biology. She’s only going to have a levels in the first 2 and she’s only doing AS biology not a level. If you’re committed to medicine then why don’t you apply for biomedicine with a foundation year? Then after that you can apply for medicine xx
Original post by 02nh
Just remember that everything happens for the best even if it doesn’t feel like it at the time. Lots of people are going through rejection from medicine rn you are not alone but keep moving you WILL reach your goals, you’ll find a way. X

Exactly this! I’m a first year med student at Keele and I kid you not half of the year are post graduates and I know so many who got through clearing. Don’t lose hope - getting in to medicine straight out of school is not an easy feat. You will get there as long as you don’t give up ☺️

*also for the post above, i thought I’d add - clearing doesn’t happen before results day. Not for medicine anyway. Someone I know had 6 interviews from clearing and got an offer from Keele so she cancelled the rest.
(edited 4 years ago)
I got an interview too wooooo :smile:))

Took a gap year so my grades are ABB,
(was super close to AAA but missed out by a few marks :frown: )
UCAT : 2650
GCSE's : 987A*A*A*A*A*AAB
Total points: 46

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE XXXX
(edited 4 years ago)

Honestly, it all happens for a reason I was rejected outright because of my UCAT last year ( band 4 gang xo) so I couldn't even apply anywhere. That took a toll on my confidence and my grades at A Level but there's no harm in taking a year out and trying again next year.

Genuinely when I couldn't apply last year I didn't even think I was ready for uni and medicine because I was naive about it all, everything happens for a reason.

Hope your other choices reply though, don't blame yourself. The system is harsh xx
Original post by wiktxriaxo
I got an interview too wooooo :smile:))

Took a gap year so my grades are ABB,
(was super close to AAA but missed out by a few marks :frown: )
UCAT : 3650
GCSE's : 987A*A*A*A*A*AAB
Total points: 46

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE XXXX

I’m very hesitant to believe you got a 900 average in your ukcat
Original post by Wagwan_my_g
I’m very hesitant to believe you got a 900 average in your ukcat

Hahaha you know what I meant 2650 whoops my bad, sorryyyyy (cant even get 3650 lollll)

Thanks for noticing :wink:
(edited 4 years ago)
I got a rejection email from the University of Nottingham Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. I applied to both Nottingham and Lincoln. Does that mean ive also been rejected from Lincoln too? I haven't got an interview from lincoln yet.
Predicted ABB 617.5 Band 3

Latest

Trending

Trending