The Student Room Group

Not sure where my future should go

Hi studentroom,
Been putting this off for a while now but I'm really not sure what to do.

Bit of background I'm 19 I left school at 16 went to college studied IT for 2 years until I was 18 then went to do another course which was music production but dropped out after a month cos it wasn't for me. I should of thought about what I was to do if i dropped out but i didn't think about it at the time because I had other stuff to worry about so I crashed out and since then I've been trying to find what I'm passionate about and work towards it.

I'm set on not going to uni as there is no 'perfect' course out there that would fit my interests. My interests include: Music production - something I'm very passionate about and would ideally be my dream job but highly unlikely.
IT - not corporate business side but more the repair side (I do phone and laptop repairs as a mini business rn while working a lot on my music craft) computer repair will likely become less and less profitable over time as people and businesses switch to tablet computers which tend to have less problems than the standard desktop and are more deposable.

So yea not sure which path to go down ultimately I know its my choice but would be open to suggestions (don't say stuff like sound engineer or IT network manager trust me have had experience and both are very boring) 2020 will hopefully be the year I work everything out become a better version of myself but until then any advice is welcome TYY
Are there any apprenticeships you could do for IT, "earn while you learn" and all that jazz...
Reply 2
Original post by sunshinehss
Are there any apprenticeships you could do for IT, "earn while you learn" and all that jazz...

I've looked and none of them really interest me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending