The Student Room Group

LJMU nursing & accommodation

Hey,
I’ve recently just been offered a place at LJMU for nursing for September 2020 which I’m really excited as it’s my first choice, I’m not from Liverpool so would obviously stay in halls but just wondering if people can give a review on what the Marybone accommodations like? Like is it purely just nurses or are other people there too?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by lucyahth2002
Hey,
I’ve recently just been offered a place at LJMU for nursing for September 2020 which I’m really excited as it’s my first choice, I’m not from Liverpool so would obviously stay in halls but just wondering if people can give a review on what the Marybone accommodations like? Like is it purely just nurses or are other people there too?

Congratulations on your place!
There are 3 marybone buildings. One is purely for nurses, the other two are mixed
Which is the mixed one? X
Reply 3
Hey,

hi, I also applied to LJMU for nursing and I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm just wondering which type of nursing you applied for and did they send you an email or let you know over UCAS, thank you !! x
Hey, have you had a look at Ablett House? We are a really popular choice for nursing students. We're located opposite Marybone and still have rooms available for September starting from £124pw. If you want any more info check out our website here: https://thestudenthousingcompany.com/locations/liverpool/ablett-house
Original post by MPJ2001
hi, I also applied to LJMU for nursing and I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm just wondering which type of nursing you applied for and did they send you an email or let you know over UCAS, thank you !! x

Hi, i applied for child and they sent me an email about my interview before christmas and i found out i got in over UCAS. good luck! xx
Reply 6
Hi, i applied for child and they sent me an email about my interview before christmas and i found out i got in over UCAS. good luck! xx

I had my interview last week ! Just waiting for the result but they said we will find out in March x
Good luck!! i just heard back last week with an offer for Sept 2020!!
Reply 8
Original post by hermyxo
Good luck!! i just heard back last week with an offer for Sept 2020!!

is anyone doing adult nursing intake for september 2020 in ljmu? x
Hi could I please ask what interview questions were asked for ljmu adult nursing, I have my telephone interview on Monday just trying to get a better idea ?
Original post by _itsjill
is anyone doing adult nursing intake for september 2020 in ljmu? x

I am yeah, have you been told a start date yet?
Reply 11
Hi
I’ve got an interview for Nursing at LJMU coming up for Sept 2021 entry. Is anyone able to advise what to revise for the interview please

Thank you in advance
Original post by pm2002
Hi
I’ve got an interview for Nursing at LJMU coming up for Sept 2021 entry. Is anyone able to advise what to revise for the interview please

Thank you in advance

I have one next week too, can't seem to find much online about them. How are you feeling about it? I take it yours is a telephone interview too?
Reply 13
Original post by Cclarke0611
I have one next week too, can't seem to find much online about them. How are you feeling about it? I take it yours is a telephone interview too?

Hi,
I’ve had mine it went really well! I got a conditional offer🙂.

The interview was a telephone one and was really relaxed, she told me about the uni and the city first and then she went onto the interview. Think about the skills that you have that a nurse needs, what you think a nurse does and how you would manage your time effectively and you’ll be okay!

Good luck- have you applied for adult nursing?
Original post by pm2002
Hi,

The interview was a telephone one and was really relaxed, she told me about the uni and the city first and then she went onto the interview. Think about the skills that you have that a nurse needs, what you think a nurse does and how you would manage your time effectively and you’ll be okay!

Aw congrats! I didn't think they would give out offers so soon!! I've applied to children's! thank you :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Cclarke0611
Aw congrats! I didn't think they would give out offers so soon!! I've applied to children's! thank you :smile:

Neither did I, I was really shocked with how quick I heard back! The interview questions may be slightly different but I doubt they will be hugely different!

Would you live away at Liverpool?
Original post by pm2002
Hi,

Hey! I've been made an offer for nursing too in September 2021. Will you be staying in halls for the first year? :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by x99ecm
Hey! I've been made an offer for nursing too in September 2021. Will you be staying in halls for the first year? :smile:

Hey!
Congratulations, that’s great! Have you got an offer for adult nursing? Yeah I’d be staying in halls in the first year!
Original post by pm2002
Hey!
Congratulations, that’s great! Have you got an offer for adult nursing? Yeah I’d be staying in halls in the first year!

Thanks! Yeah a conditional offer. I've got one more interview then I can make ljmu my firm choice :smile: let me know when you have an idea of which halls to go to because I'm lost lol
Original post by pm2002
Neither did I, I was really shocked with how quick I heard back! The interview questions may be slightly different but I doubt they will be hugely different!

Would you live away at Liverpool?

Yeah! I’m from Northern Ireland so I would hopefully be in halls in Liverpool wby?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending