The Student Room Group

my journey to university.

applying for mental health nursing 2020.
this is my health and social care study blog and university application talk.
i haven't received any grades yet but will update when i do. i'm doing an access course
this is for my own benefit so i can track how well i am doing.
it's mainly gonna be me saying what i'm going to study that day.
hoping to move out of london and apply to university outside london.
will join uni at 20. one year and i'd be a mature student haha.
thanks for reading.bye.
I want to become a mental health nurse then do my masters in advanced nurse Practitioner.

welcome to the most depressing study blog in all history:smile:

letsgetittttttttt

I’m applying to:
University of Manchester
University of Bradford
Edge hill university
University of Essex
Keele University

I haven’t applied yet lol. Soon

4/5 interviews :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

ok i'm going to finish my literacy assessment tonight so i can begin my essay tomorrow...
i have to harvard reference my literacy assessment too:no:
i will reward myself with a M&M waffle when i do<3

me every time the minute i begin to study:

ok lets gettttt itttttttttt
So there are 3 sections to my course
Developmental - which is just about literacy, numeracy, applying to university, how to do essays well. (This topic is ungraded) and ill hopefully be finished by the 16th.
The second one is Psychology (graded)
And the third is issues in health and social care (graded)
The entry requirements for mental health nursing is 60 credits. 15 ungraded 45 graded. I am hoping to get a distinction in most of my assessments. And I am perfectly capable of getting it because I believe in myself and I am interested in my course :smile: see how productive I am when I am INTERESTED.

I was planning on finishing the literacy assessment today but my uncle came in my room and started bussing jokes. There are 6 questions and I completed one and a half today. I have work today at 7 so I’m going off to sleep now and I will hopefully finish the assessment today. It isn’t hard... i was just very distracted. The deadline for this literacy assessment + the essay of euthanasia that I haven’t even started is 7th January. The essay is only 1000 words and is ungraded so even if I get a merit, it won’t count towards anything because it’s just to see how the criteria I was set works and bla bla.
(edited 4 years ago)
Most people are a lot more productive when they're doing things they're genuinely interested in. They best part of this is "I am perfectly capable of getting it because I believe in myself" That's really good to hear from someone with your life and obstacles. Well done :smile:

Another example of how supportive your family are (not). They should leave you alone to concentrate and get on when you're working on your studies.
Even though the essay won't count towards anything, it's part of the assessment for a reason, and if you do get a merit for it, that will give you a confidence boost if nothing else. I can't think of any better reason for doing well than just that - a confidence boost for you.
Good luck, I too joined uni as a mature student :smile: Now I am 25 and gonna graduate by 2020 summer. Just keep pushing the limits and you will eventually reach your goal 🙏
Original post by Petrol_Head-94
Good luck, I too joined uni as a mature student :smile: Now I am 25 and gonna graduate by 2020 summer. Just keep pushing the limits and you will eventually reach your goal 🙏

Thank you!!! That’s really inspiring.
Trueee thanks! And always remember to believe in yourself!!! My top quote.
Original post by Appirition
Most people are a lot more productive when they're doing things they're genuinely interested in. They best part of this is "I am perfectly capable of getting it because I believe in myself" That's really good to hear from someone with your life and obstacles. Well done :smile:

Another example of how supportive your family are (not). They should leave you alone to concentrate and get on when you're working on your studies.
Even though the essay won't count towards anything, it's part of the assessment for a reason, and if you do get a merit for it, that will give you a confidence boost if nothing else. I can't think of any better reason for doing well than just that - a confidence boost for you.

Thank you so much :smile: no point pitying myself , doesn’t solve anything. Have to keep my head up and work hard. For me.

They don’t want me to do well... but they also want me to work hard so I can leave their sight next year at the same time 😂 even tho my family are extremely unsupportive, I won’t let them get in the away of my goals. I let them for the past 2 years but not anymore. Nuh uh!

That’s right. I need more confidence than ever. I just need someone to say “hey chanel you’ve actually done something right” for the first time in my life. Not “you stupid person, why must you be so lazy and fail again”. This time, I’m not doing it for god, not doing it just cause. I’m doing it so I can be happy. :smile:
You are welcome, and thanks for your nice words :u:
Original post by Petrol_Head-94
You are welcome, and thanks for your nice words :u:

:smile:
Ok came back from a 10 hour work shift, Let’s finish this literacy assessment tonight 💪🏾
C4917B67-3D87-4F9F-BFA9-D16E8D1FBBA0.jpeg
All I need to get through this is warm banana milkshake and some chill music

I do want to stay that I could never concentrate before. What helped me is the anti depressants. So anyone feeling like they may have depression(look up the symptoms) please seek help from your GP. You won’t regret it. Have a loveeeeeeely rest of the dayyyy!!!:flower2:
Original post by IH8Studying
Ok came back from a 10 hour work shift, Let’s finish this literacy assessment tonight 💪🏾
C4917B67-3D87-4F9F-BFA9-D16E8D1FBBA0.jpeg
All I need to get through this is warm banana milkshake and some chill music

I do want to stay that I could never concentrate before. What helped me is the anti depressants. So anyone feeling like they may have depression(look up the symptoms) please seek help from your GP. You won’t regret it. Have a loveeeeeeely rest of the dayyyy!!!:flower2:

Suggestion - set that pic as the screensaver or background on your phone, so every time you pick up your phone you see that message. Little things like that can help people's inspiration, motivation, and self-belief.
Original post by Appirition
Suggestion - set that pic as the screensaver or background on your phone, so every time you pick up your phone you see that message. Little things like that can help people's inspiration, motivation, and self-belief.

It’s not really aesthetically pleasing. I will set this as my screensaver instead. Honestly you’re right
6AD7CC86-B04F-4A29-9A69-8CB884A8AFF6.jpeg
I have finished and successfully submitted my final literacy assessment tonight. I am feeling accomplished and just overall, hopeful.
Tomorrow, I will write out my essay plan and then on Monday, begin the essay. The essay is on the pros and cons of euthanasia and I have to go into great level of detail in just 1000-1300 words. And Harvard reference! It isn't graded but I will be given a grade just to show me how the rest of the sections are going to be graded. There's a criteria for merit and distinction that I have to use. I don't care if i get a merit now. But will try my hardest for a distinction but that also means my english has to be perfect or no bueno. I have 9 days to do it. I would've had longer if I didn't spend a couple days relaxing but that has taught me a valuable lesson and i will do my assessments really early so i have a long time to do my essays when i do the graded sections.
Euthanasia is an interesting topic though, i remember doing my religious studies gcse exam on it and i enjoyed learning it. But now, it has to be A level... level. Lol.

Believe in a better future. Believe in yourself. And stay strong!:heart:

I do want to thank Obolinda and Alaska215 for helping me out when I needed it. :smile: Means a lot to me and you are contributing to my future.

- Chanel
I recommend taking the bus. But you could cycle if you want to be environmentally friendly
Original post by A giant chicken
I recommend taking the bus. But you could cycle if you want to be environmentally friendly

??? Bus to where
???

Jeez...it was that bad huh?

Spoiler

Jeez...it was that bad huh?

Spoiler

how... did .... I ... not ... get ... that
how... did .... I ... not ... get ... that

Evidently... you... are... not... well... versed... in... the... ways... of... terrible... comedy
Evidently... you... are... not... well... versed... in... the... ways... of... terrible... comedy

Feeling second hand embarrassment rn.

Haha dw it’s a joke I would’ve made in my head... and I am the comedian of TSR so that’s a pretty big thing. You’re welcome. :smile:
Feeling second hand embarrassment rn.

Haha dw it’s a joke I would’ve made in my head... and I am the comedian of TSR so that’s a pretty big thing. You’re welcome. :smile:

Yeah, probably should have kept it in my head.

Also thanks, I will wear this badge of honor next time I make one of my 'good' jokes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending