The Student Room Group

Wellcome Trust 2019/2020

I couldn't seem to find a thread for the 2020 Wellcome graduate intake so have created one!

Anyone have an inkling as to the types of questions they could ask in the video interview if you pass the application stage?!
Has anyone passed the initial stage yet?
Hey guys, I'd also looked for a thread and couldn't find one so glad you made one @KatieMullen !

Not a clue what could come up at VI - theres probably a good amount of info on the connectr page but haven't looked into it too much yet. I applied for the internship this summer and didn't get past the first stage so I'm trying not to get my hopes up for getting to the next stage of this but it's probably my favourite grad scheme I'm applying for!

They said they'll release the results of this stage by end of day on 20th and I hope it's not before that tbh - I really want to know but I've got an assessment centre on Friday and knowing how this has gone will really put me off😂
Just heard that I'm through to Video Interview!
Reply 4
Just found out I was unfortunately unsuccessful but best of luck to everyone else!Those that got through-just wondering what you scored in the questions?Best of luck and merry christmas!
Original post by mraw96
Just found out I was unfortunately unsuccessful but best of luck to everyone else!Those that got through-just wondering what you scored in the questions?Best of luck and merry christmas!

yeah me too, was also wondering what people scored that got through? Followed all the advice down to the T, spent a lot of the time on the application and the feedback isn't particularly helpful to know where to improve as scored decent in the questions, would love some insights into what made others successful
also rejected lol, gutted and don't know where it went wrong - feel like I followed the instructions well and used all the info on connectr so no clue!
Original post by mraw96

Original post by KatieMullen
yeah me too, was also wondering what people scored that got through? Followed all the advice down to the T, spent a lot of the time on the application and the feedback isn't particularly helpful to know where to improve as scored decent in the questions, would love some insights into what made others successful

I haven't been given any scores or feedback yet, but I'll let you know once I get them.
I didn't get through but got 1 good scores 4 strong so well done to those that did you must have smashed it!
Original post by aLittleBookWorm
also rejected lol, gutted and don't know where it went wrong - feel like I followed the instructions well and used all the info on connectr so no clue!

really feel this on another level haha - oh well, we tried our best, would just love if they could provide better feedback
Yeh guys we did try our best. It would be useful to know what the video interview questions were if anybody has completed it? Our chances of getting in were very low to begin with. At the open evening they said that they take on 9-10 people for the graduate programme and around 1500 apply. Of which 150 go through to video interview and 50 of which will go on to assessment centre.
Original post by nazmunali
Yeh guys we did try our best. It would be useful to know what the video interview questions were if anybody has completed it? Our chances of getting in were very low to begin with. At the open evening they said that they take on 9-10 people for the graduate programme and around 1500 apply. Of which 150 go through to video interview and 50 of which will go on to assessment centre.

that ratio makes me feel a lot better!
Has anyone heard if they have passed onto the next stage from the video interview?
Original post by Krithika_rajan
Has anyone heard if they have passed onto the next stage from the video interview?

Still waiting. They did say in that email yesterday it would be by the end of today - they must be working late!
I'm not expecting to get through though - my first 3 questions were ok, but I really fumbled and waffled on the article question.
Original post by LeapingLucy
I'm not expecting to get through though - my first 3 questions were ok, but I really fumbled and waffled on the article question.

I was also thrown by that question! I am so nervous...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending