The Student Room Group

Royal Colleges in the UK offering MBChB

Hi
So I just wanted to know which Royal colleges offer MBChB in the UK?
Thanks
Original post by Yorkshirtyke
Hi
So I just wanted to know which Royal colleges offer MBChB in the UK?
Thanks

None. Medical Royal Colleges in the UK set postgraduate exams e.g. memberships/fellowship diplomas and some also run Master's degrees. The MB ChB is an undergraduate degree which you can only do at university. More info on undergraduate medicine requirements here:

https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2357/msc-entry-requirements-for-uk-medical-schools.pdf

I know the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland offers an undergraduate medical degree but this is a) unusual and b) obviously not in the UK :smile:
Original post by 999tigger
Which Royal colleges? Give an example of what you mean.

I'm sorry. What I actually wanted to ask was about all the royal colleges in the UK and in Ireland.
Original post by Democracy
None. Medical Royal Colleges in the UK set postgraduate exams e.g. memberships/fellowship diplomas and some also run Master's degrees. The MB ChB is an undergraduate degree which you can only do at university. More info on undergraduate medicine requirements here:

https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2357/msc-entry-requirements-for-uk-medical-schools.pdf

I know the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland offers an undergraduate medical degree but this is a) unusual and b) obviously not in the UK :smile:

Thanks. I just checked RCSI. I am pretty much choosing between that, UCLan and Buckingham for medicine. Missed out on BMAT this Year and had to stick with Biomed at Sheffield, Bristol and Med Sciences at Edinburgh. If it isn't too much, do you happen to know anyone from UCLan or Buckingham studying Medicine there? It would be very helpful to get more info than the website.
Thanks. I just checked RCSI. I am pretty much choosing between that, UCLan and Buckingham for medicine. Missed out on BMAT this Year and had to stick with Biomed at Sheffield, Bristol and Med Sciences at Edinburgh. If it isn't too much, do you happen to know anyone from UCLan or Buckingham studying Medicine there? It would be very helpful to get more info than the website.

I don't I'm afraid - sorry!
I don't I'm afraid - sorry!

No probs Sir. Just asking, how' RCSI? I heard the fees are pretty high for a non-EU student, but is the course (MBChB BAO) good? Again, no compulsions, just gathering info.
No probs Sir. Just asking, how' RCSI? I heard the fees are pretty high for a non-EU student, but is the course (MBChB BAO) good? Again, no compulsions, just gathering info.

I mean, for this site it's major distinguishing factor is probably that it's not in the UK!

Where do you actually want to work long term?

No need for sir :tongue: :smile: I've worked with a few RCSI Dublin and RCSI Bahrain grads - they didn't have any complaints and their clinical skills and knowledge was good. If you get an offer I say go for it.
No need for sir :tongue: :smile: I've worked with a few RCSI Dublin and RCSI Bahrain grads - they didn't have any complaints and their clinical skills and knowledge was good. If you get an offer I say go for it.

Thanks a ton.
Original post by nexttime
I mean, for this site it's major distinguishing factor is probably that it's not in the UK!

Where do you actually want to work long term?

I am pretty much looking forward to practicing in the UK.
I am pretty much looking forward to practicing in the UK.

So you'd be applying as an international medical graduate if you went to med school in Ireland then. And all the extra faff and exams that come with it.

I'm sure its fine if that's what you want to do though.
Original post by nexttime
So you'd be applying as an international medical graduate if you went to med school in Ireland then. And all the extra faff and exams that come with it.

I'm sure its fine if that's what you want to do though.

:cry2:. But, still waiting for Buckingham and UClan to come by. Anyways, since I am giving exams throughout the course, I might as well give a few after it anyway!
I know it's not quite satisfactory, but as mum says, there are no end to exams in Medicine!!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending