The Student Room Group

Job interview message

I applied to Tesco and my application status now appears as "interview" but when I go onto the book/rebook interview slot option, I keep getting this message:

"Unfortunately all the slots have been booked up, we shall inform you via email when new times have been added."

I have waited quite a few days with no email/response so is it possible that I am too late with my application. Also, there is an expiry date mentioned (05/02/20).

I would appreciate any advice/help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I applied to Tesco and my application status now appears as "interview" but when I go onto the book/rebook interview slot option, I keep getting this message:

"Unfortunately all the slots have been booked up, we shall inform you via email when new times have been added."

I have waited quite a few days with no email/response so is it possible that I am too late with my application. Also, there is an expiry date mentioned (05/02/20).

Wait for the email.

Bump

Chill. You seem to be rather impatient... please don't bump threads so quickly. It's actually counterproductive because it makes unanswered threads appear to be answered.
Reply 3
Original post by Doones
Wait for the email.

Chill. You seem to be rather impatient... please don't bump threads so quickly. It's actually counterproductive because it makes unanswered threads appear to be answered.

I shall wait for the email.

You have a very valid point, my bad.
Reply 4
I shall wait for the email.

You have a very valid point, my bad.

No problem :smile: I understand it's stressful when you are job seeking.

Good luck!

(If you don't hear back by Monday I'd contact them about it.)
Reply 5
Original post by Doones
No problem :smile: I understand it's stressful when you are job seeking.

Good luck!

(If you don't hear back by Monday I'd contact them about it.)

Thanks, man

Would I simply just need to contact the specific store? I don't think I've been given any contact details.
Reply 6
Thanks, man

Would I simply just need to contact the specific store? I don't think I've been given any contact details.

Dunno, there should be some contact details on the system in case you have technical problems?
Reply 7
Original post by Doones
Dunno, there should be some contact details on the system in case you have technical problems?

Hmm, I don't think it's a technical problem. I think it's actually a matter of having no other slots available.
Reply 8
Hmm, I don't think it's a technical problem. I think it's actually a matter of having no other slots available.

Agreed, but it's still a contact with the employer. They will soon tell you if the system is fine and you just need to wait even longer for more slots.
Reply 9
Original post by Doones
Agreed, but it's still a contact with the employer. They will soon tell you if the system is fine and you just need to wait even longer for more slots.

I've found a specific email address to get in contact with them.

Hi there

No you not too late about your application ok, the date of 5/2/20 is for when all applications must be in by and then they supposed to start the process of going through the applications and offer those who they think are suitable candidates for the jobs,

You must had not responded to previous email about a interview slot and perhaps took it as you no longer interested in the job, or as you said all slots were taken by people notified earlier than yourself. They should notify after they completed those interviews about a slot providing all the jobs aren't filled by those who attended prior to you.

Now sometimes what store managers along with the recruitment manager does is they can ask people along to interviews prior to the closing date if there are more applications than expected so that there's not a delay in getting people started after the closing date.

If you don't hear anything say a week after the closing date then contact the store and ask what's happened ok.
Hi there

No you not too late about your application ok, the date of 5/2/20 is for when all applications must be in by and then they supposed to start the process of going through the applications and offer those who they think are suitable candidates for the jobs,

You must had not responded to previous email about a interview slot and perhaps took it as you no longer interested in the job, or as you said all slots were taken by people notified earlier than yourself. They should notify after they completed those interviews about a slot providing all the jobs aren't filled by those who attended prior to you.

Now sometimes what store managers along with the recruitment manager does is they can ask people along to interviews prior to the closing date if there are more applications than expected so that there's not a delay in getting people started after the closing date.

If you don't hear anything say a week after the closing date then contact the store and ask what's happened ok.

Thanks Tracey
Reply 12
I've got the same thing but they've asked me to do an eligibility check for the UK before I go ahead, so maybe that's why... I was just wondering if you get a slot in the end?
Hey, i have an interview at tescos but no slots too. I was wondering if you got a slot at the end
Original post by Diamondshine
Hey, i have an interview at tescos but no slots too. I was wondering if you got a slot at the end

same here, still waiting
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Ja78975-Junaid
same here, still waiting

what happened? did you get any reply?
Original post by ILikePiracy
what happened? did you get any reply?

Rejected 😐
Rejected 😐

that sucks, how long did that take, and did they email you saying they had more interview slots or just straight rejection
that sucks, how long did that take, and did they email you saying they had more interview slots or just straight rejection

2-3 weeks emailed me saying that on this occasion they couldn't progress my application further 😂😂 didn't get invited for other interviews

2-3 weeks emailed me saying that on this occasion they couldn't progress my application further 😂😂 didn't get invited for other interviews

Any update at all from them? I got the same issue and the store has no contact email I could find - anyone have any suggestions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending