The Student Room Group

asian girls would u ever marry a non asian dude

i want complete honesty because ik some that say yes then get married off to a guy of their fathers choice.

if the guy was also muslim(convert)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Asian ppl are more progressive than you think. It’s a sticky one because it might be awkward for you at family gatherings when everyone is speaking a different language and you feel left out and reliant on your spouse. But realistically if you’re willing to make an effort then I don’t see why her fam wouldn’t accept you.
Reply 2
Original post by mina..
Asian ppl are more progressive than you think. It’s a sticky one because it might be awkward for you at family gatherings when everyone is speaking a different language and you feel left out and reliant on your spouse. But realistically if you’re willing to make an effort then I don’t see why her fam wouldn’t accept you.

idk everytime im talking to one n she likes me bk and we get onto the topic of marriage its always them talking about their parents attempting to marry them off to their cousin. i dont mind that tbh i'll just google translate lmao
i get their fams POV as when i introduced to my mom of wanting to marry an asian girl she was like 'hell no only ur own race' which is super close minded
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
idk everytime im talking to one n she likes me bk and we get onto the topic of marriage its always them talking about their parents attempting to marry them off to their cousin. i dont mind that tbh i'll just google translate lmao
i get their fams POV as when i introduced to my mom of wanting to marry an asian girl she was like 'hell no only ur own race' which is super close minded

why are Asian girls specifically your type it seems a bit odd that you'll only go for them. Honestly sounds like they're not that into you if they use those excuses lol.
Reply 4
Original post by mina..
why are Asian girls specifically your type it seems a bit odd that you'll only go for them. Honestly sounds like they're not that into you if they use those excuses lol.

1. asian dominated city.
2. most of em are pretty good looking. i was into white girls at first but i gotta marry a muslim yk
would only go for them. if they're good looking and religious. and i've met many asians that are both at my uni.
Reply 5
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
Or you could marry someone for who they are not because they fit an ethnic/ cultural checklist.

i can marry a non muslim but my kids have to be muslim. and its easier to have that done by marrying a muslim.
Reply 6
i want complete honesty because ik some that say yes then get married off to a guy of their fathers choice.

if the guy was also muslim(convert)

My fiance is a filipina, and most asian girls are okay with marrying outside their race. It's mainly China that has the racial barriers, as far as I understand it.
i can marry a non muslim but my kids have to be muslim. and its easier to have that done by marrying a muslim.

Why do they have to be Muslim? Because you think its true? As a parent you should educate your children so they can make their own judgements, not force your beliefs on them.
Reply 8
1. asian dominated city.
2. most of em are pretty good looking. i was into white girls at first but i gotta marry a muslim yk
would only go for them. if they're good looking and religious. and i've met many asians that are both at my uni.

from my take on things, either you're not up to their standard or they're is a cultural difference that causes them to have a non-serious attitude towards you. Maybe you will find someone that fits your narrowed ideals for a partner but realistically its not going to be easy. If your faith is important to you try to be open minded about ppls race
Reply 9
Original post by mina..
from my take on things, either you're not up to their standard or they're is a cultural difference that causes them to have a non-serious attitude towards you. Maybe you will find someone that fits your narrowed ideals for a partner but realistically its not going to be easy. If your faith is important to you try to be open minded about ppls race

no i mean seriously 4 out of the 5 girls i've 'dated' for the past 3 years arent allowed to marry any1 but their own race.

ye i should be open minded tbh.
Original post by Joel 96
My fiance is a filipina, and most asian girls are okay with marrying outside their race. It's mainly China that has the racial barriers, as far as I understand it.

not east asian, usually south like pakistani.
Well, my family are muslim (asian as well) and my uncle just married a white woman, so it really depends on what girl wants, if she's willing to marry someone outside the race.

As an asian girl, I wouldn't mind marrying a guy outside my race, but he has to be muslim for it to work
I'm Asian (Pakistani) and i would definitely marry a person outside my race-in fact,i'd probably prefer it that way. So long as they were Muslim,i personally don't see an issue with that.I had a conversation with my grandfather the other day and used my uncle as an example saying that if he were to marry a non-Asian,would my grandfather let him and he said that it's best if they are the same race as it's easier to raise the children that way but i completely disagree...I think many Asians are really closed minded about these things and an be really backwards so it depends a lot for her on whether her family is cool with it,and believe me,they're a lot stricter with the girls...
Reply 12
no i mean seriously 4 out of the 5 girls i've 'dated' for the past 3 years arent allowed to marry any1 but their own race.

ye i should be open minded tbh.

not east asian, usually south like pakistani.

for pakistani people i think marriage is like a familial commitment in the sense that you have to have a common understanding of each others cultures and if you come across as the type to put in that effort i think it would make things easier with her immediate family. but the extended family is always going to mock your relationship.
Original post by mina..
for pakistani people i think marriage is like a familial commitment in the sense that you have to have a common understanding of each others cultures and if you come across as the type to put in that effort i think it would make things easier with her immediate family. but the extended family is always going to mock your relationship.

thanks hopefully this helps. ye ofc as always aunties and uncles and stuff have to get involved. it happens with my family 2 so i get that.
Well, my family are muslim (asian as well) and my uncle just married a white woman, so it really depends on what girl wants, if she's willing to marry someone outside the race.

As an asian girl, I wouldn't mind marrying a guy outside my race, but he has to be muslim for it to work

true, i'd be down for any race if they were muslim or we'll have clashes over the kid ygm
I'm Asian (Pakistani) and i would definitely marry a person outside my race-in fact,i'd probably prefer it that way. So long as they were Muslim,i personally don't see an issue with that.I had a conversation with my grandfather the other day and used my uncle as an example saying that if he were to marry a non-Asian,would my grandfather let him and he said that it's best if they are the same race as it's easier to raise the children that way but i completely disagree...I think many Asians are really closed minded about these things and an be really backwards so it depends a lot for her on whether her family is cool with it,and believe me,they're a lot stricter with the girls...

same. it would be cool to explore other cultures and not continue the cycle of X stick with X. Y stick with Y. you know.
I'm completely fine with marrying a non asian guy
yes I would.. personally I prefer non-Asian dudes but ofc they have to be understanding about my culture and religious views etc and usually I'd go for those who were looking to revert to Islam obviously..

Plus little mixed race babies ooooooo so pwetttyyy :colondollar:
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
yes I would.. personally I prefer non-Asian dudes but ofc they have to be understanding about my culture and religious views etc and usually I'd go for those who were looking to revert to Islam obviously..

Plus little mixed race babies ooooooo so pwetttyyy :colondollar:

fr.

ye thats my bet. always thought blasian kids would be cute as hell lol.

Mate just do what they do in turkey and Iran just run off to the another city together and come back till the parents agree you are able to get married or if not stay there and get married by going to a imam and getting the marriage done and dusted. Dont worry about the family they will only accept when you’ve taken action.
Where are you from OP?
Honestly, it's only a problem unless you have a good education/job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending