The Student Room Group

Best places to go in UK?

I am looking for best places to go in UK with my Girlfriend. Any recommendations?

Scroll to see replies

If you're looking for entertainment, go to London.
Reply 2
Original post by Mobitela
If you're looking for entertainment, go to London.

Which places do you recommend in London?
There are so many good places in England, really depends on what you want to do.
if your into nature go to snowdonia (wales) or lake district (England)
Reply 5
Original post by Karisa96
There are so many good places in England, really depends on what you want to do.

I love photography is there any places you can recommend in England?
departures lounge

nah but seriously, Brighton is really nice and Eastbourne is ''warmer'' than the rest of the UK.
Reply 7
Original post by Nerysrose

I was planning to go there this year. I am not sure which month is best to go there?
Original post by Ralp_As_tro

Well there is the lake district, which is beautiful, The rugged coast line of Devon and Cornwall. To name but a few.

Nobody can help you without knowing exactly what your likes are. Beaches, mountains, cities, historical sites etc. How far away do you want to be etc.
Well there is the lake district, which is beautiful, The rugged coast line of Devon and Cornwall. To name but a few.

I would like to go Lake District this March on my birthday. I am just having a hard time finding a place to stay in, any recommendations?
Original post by mpaprika
departures lounge

nah but seriously, Brighton is really nice and Eastbourne is ''warmer'' than the rest of the UK.

I might try Eastbourne this summer then. Thanks!
I was planning to go there this year. I am not sure which month is best to go there?

I would say late August, early September is when it's the warmest
I would like to go Lake District this March on my birthday. I am just having a hard time finding a place to stay in, any recommendations?

It doesn't surprise me.
It's a very popular tourist attraction.
Have you thought of contacting the tourist board, for that area?
Original post by swanseajack1
Nobody can help you without knowing exactly what your likes are. Beaches, mountains, cities, historical sites etc. How far away do you want to be etc.

I love photography, travel and adventure so I think that would include Beaches, Mountains and Cities and I don't mind how far it is as long as I can take pictures.
It doesn't surprise me.
It's a very popular tourist attraction.
Have you thought of contacting the tourist board, for that area?

I have not so I think I would need to start. Is there any other places you think is not a popular tourist attraction but worth going to?
I have not so I think I would need to start. Is there any other places you think is not a popular tourist attraction but worth going to?

The south coast. One of the main cities being Brighton. Very cosmopolitan.
Original post by Nerysrose

I would suggest avoiding mid July to early September as school holidays will mean more traffic and more expensive to stay anywhere.
I love photography, travel and adventure so I think that would include Beaches, Mountains and Cities and I don't mind how far it is as long as I can take pictures.

The Jurassic Coast in Dorset and indeed some of the towns in the area I think you would find interesting for photography.
London, oxford, Cornwall, Cotswold, Manchester, Bath, Edingburgh,Devon, :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest