The Student Room Group

S6 subject choices!

Deadline for coursing choices are in a couple of days and I'm still choosing between two subjects. Of course I have chosen all the subjects I would like to do in S6, however there are two subjects that I am still indecisive about.

Should I do Advanced Higher English or Advanced Higher Spanish? Need your guys' opinions...
Reply 1
That depends really, what is it that you want to do once you leave school? You're going to want to choose the one that's going to be more worthwhile.
Original post by Leona679
Deadline for coursing choices are in a couple of days and I'm still choosing between two subjects. Of course I have chosen all the subjects I would like to do in S6, however there are two subjects that I am still indecisive about.

Should I do Advanced Higher English or Advanced Higher Spanish? Need your guys' opinions...

If I were you I would pick AH Spanish because you just do the same as higher but obviously it’s different whereas in english you have to write essays. So if you’re not a fan of essay then pick Spanish.

As Leon says. It depends on what you want to do and which one is more useful.

Hope it helps
Reply 3
Thank you to those who replied, much appreciated. I have decided to go with AH Spanish in the end as I'm more passionate about it.

I would like to study law after I leave school which had left me between choosing AH English or AH Spanish.

However, I've made up my mind. Thanks you for all your help guys. Take care!
Reply 4
Thank you to those who replied, much appreciated. I have decided to go with AH Spanish in the end as I'm more passionate about it.

I would like to study law after I leave school which had left me between choosing AH English or AH Spanish.

However, I've made up my mind. Thanks you for all your help guys. Take care!

Glad that you've managed to choose between the two, doing the one you're more passionate about seems like a good choice. Good luck with your subjects next year, I'm sure you'll do well!
Reply 5

can I ask how hard higher Spanish is compared to N5?? I'm doing N5 just now and I'm expected an A1 and so want to do higher but apparently its quite hard.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending