The Student Room Group

Retainers

I had my braces removed last year in November and they didn’t give me retainers.....today I finally had an appointment to do with retainers...and it got cancelled due to Coronavirus issues...and now my teeth will move ..:frown:
(edited 4 years ago)
Oh no I got a appointment during exam period
Original post by Roseyr1119-20
Oh no I got a appointment during exam period

Same
And all progress will be lost ..I had braces for like 3 years too :frown:
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
I had my braces removed last year in November and they didn’t give me retainers.....today I finally had an appointment to do with retainers...and it got cancelled due to Coronavirus issues...and now my teeth will move ..:frown:

glad i didnt get mine taken out yet then dont want all tht time going to waste
Reply 5
You definitely should've had an appointment way earlier. I had my retainer appointment 3 days after getting my braces off. They definitely shouldn't have left it all these months if you got them off in November, your teeth have probably already moved loads since that's such a long time to go without retention
Original post by xozxexo
You definitely should've had an appointment way earlier. I had my retainer appointment 3 days after getting my braces off. They definitely shouldn't have left it all these months if you got them off in November, your teeth have probably already moved loads since that's such a long time to go without retention

whenyou get you braces off do you get a choice for plastic shaped ones or metal ones or do they give you a spicific one.
Original post by xozxexo

Exactly!!! And they have :frown:
Reply 8
I know they may have cancelled the appointment due to the virus but i know my dentist is still open for emergencies

Maybe ring up and ask if you can still have an appointment for your retainers as your teeth have already moved and never got a retainer to start with?
Any normal dentist would see you asap.

My only other reccomendation would be to get a mouth guard and fit that yourself to use for a few hours a day until you can get a retainer to prevent your teeth moving even more?
Reply 9
Original post by CharChar2106
whenyou get you braces off do you get a choice for plastic shaped ones or metal ones or do they give you a spicific one.

At my dentist yeah!
I have the clear trays for the bottom and the metal one for the top because i had some teeth to settle into place and that retainer allowed that to happen.

Im sure it varies between dentists as mine reccomended the metal one but im sure if i asked for the clear tray she would've given it to me.

I shouldnt be too worried if you got the metal ones anyway, my dentist instructs me to wear mine only at night so it has never been a problem :smile:
Original post by xozxexo
At my dentist yeah!
I have the clear trays for the bottom and the metal one for the top because i had some teeth to settle into place and that retainer allowed that to happen.

Im sure it varies between dentists as mine reccomended the metal one but im sure if i asked for the clear tray she would've given it to me.

I shouldnt be too worried if you got the metal ones anyway, my dentist instructs me to wear mine only at night so it has never been a problem :smile:

oh ok. thank you so much for ur help. appticiate it. thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending