The Student Room Group

Retainers

I lost my retainers and a gap formed in the my front two teeth in the time I lost it and went to get a new impression. I got the impression for my new retainers with the gap in my front two teeth will the new retainers close the gap ?
yes, i’ve had gaps naturally and my retainer closes them
Original post by Anonymous
I lost my retainers and a gap formed in the my front two teeth in the time I lost it and went to get a new impression. I got the impression for my new retainers with the gap in my front two teeth will the new retainers close the gap ?

yes but it will take about 6 months to a year
Original post by BeautifulQueen

Is it normal to have gaps forming after a bit after taking then off
I had my braces off in October of 2019 and for instanced if I wear them all night and take them off in the morning not long after I’ll haves gap and it’ll close up after I wear them again
Is it normal to have gaps forming after a bit after taking then off
I had my braces off in October of 2019 and for instanced if I wear them all night and take them off in the morning not long after I’ll haves gap and it’ll close up after I wear them again

I would reccomend you to wear your retainers day and night except drinking and eating.
Get used to the pain and if you can't handle it, then take ibrobrufin/paracetamol.
That way, the gap will go away QUICKER.
:h:
Reply 5

Thanks but are you sure the new retainers fit the gap perfectly so my gap just looks more visible now
Thanks but are you sure the new retainers fit the gap perfectly so my gap just looks more visible now

If you made new retainers then yes
Reply 7
I would reccomend you to wear your retainers day and night except drinking and eating.
Get used to the pain and if you can't handle it, then take ibrobrufin/paracetamol.
That way, the gap will go away QUICKER.
:h:

Thankkk u and will this work even if the retainers are molded to the gap ?!?!!
Thankkk u and will this work even if the retainers are molded to the gap ?!?!!

Let me tell you this, darling. The tighter the retainers, the quicker your teeth will be fixed! :thumbsup:
Reply 9
yes, i’ve had gaps naturally and my retainer closes them

Was ur retainer fit to the gaps

Quick Reply

Latest