The Student Room Group

Universities Minister Michelle Donelan is on TSR - 11am 10th April!

It's a uncertain and difficult time for everyone, especially young people who are considering going to university or who are current students.

Are you worried about the impact of coronavirus on your university application or course?

Universities Minister, Michelle Donelan, is going to be live on TSR from 11am - 12 noon on Friday 10th April to answer your questions!

Post your question in this forum from today, and she will answer as many questions as she can on Friday :woo:

Ask your question by clicking here >>
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No questions, but it’s great to have her on Tsr!
Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for posting a question for the Minister to answer today. As you can see, we’ve had an amazing response from the community with over a hundred questions asked :biggrin:

We’re really conscious that the Minister doesn’t have lots of time to answer all the questions, although she is prepped and ready to answer as many as she can in an hour. However, a lot of you have similar questions that hopefully she can answer generally, even if it's not for your exact circumstance. So, if she responds to a question that is similar to yours, we’ll make sure we tag you in so you can see the response. Any questions that don’t get a response today, we’ll send over the Minister afterwards to see if she can answer them with some more time, and make sure we share the answers with you if she’s able to.

Thanks so much for your patience with this, we’re really excited to be able to have the Minister on and hope her answers will help some of you who are really concerned about the impact coronavirus is having on your education.

Take care and stay safe,

Strawberry

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Not working :hmmm:
Original post by Oxford Mum
No questions, but it’s great to have her on Tsr!

We cant seem to get it working - Can you?
Reply 5
Original post by Michelle Donelan, Universities Minister
Test reply 2

Where do I watch it?
Reply 6
neither
I cannot seem to find the live anywhere:confused:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by LJH74
Not working :hmmm:

Original post by DaddyBill
We cant seem to get it working - Can you?

Original post by mmkuri
Where do I watch it?

Original post by N.S123
neither

Original post by med123456^^
I can not seem to find the live anywhere:confused:

Hey guys,

Sorry about that! We just had a few technical hiccups but should be sorted now. The minister will be going through this forum and replying to individual threads. :smile:

Thank you for your patience!

BB
Original post by BlinkyBill
Hey guys,

Sorry about that! We just had a few technical hiccups but should be sorted now. The minister will be going through this forum and replying to individual threads. :smile:

Thank you for your patience!

BB

Thanks BB and I'm pleased the Minister will be replying to the individual threads.
Original post by med123456^^
I cannot seem to find the live anywhere:confused:

I think the administrator needs to go on a course !
Reply 11
BB I don't understand what that means. The way you've been billing it all week, she'll be live for us to watch? Is that not the case?
Original post by UCLan_President
Thanks BB and I'm pleased the Minister will be replying to the individual threads.

This is unfair to students who have dyslexia and who prefer visual responses.
Original post by LJH74
BB I don't understand what that means. The way you've been billing it all week, she'll be live for us to watch? Is that not the case?

As we are predominantly a forum site we meant that the minister would be online on TSR answering the individual questions you have posted.

Original post by Jehartley22
This is unfair to students who have dyslexia and who prefer visual responses.

Hi, thank you for the feedback. We will look to see if it's possible to collaborate all these questions and answers in a way that might be more accessible to some users after the event. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Reply 14
Not sure what you are testing BB but I can see that clip of MD. We were all expecting something like that this morning with her answering the questions that had already been sent in. If that was never the plan, then you should have billed it differently. Lots of disappointed people here this morning. Her going through and answering threads that we then have to try and follow her through is not "live".
Reply 15
Hi there!

Are there going to be any assessments for the new undergraduates because of no A-Levels exams?
Appreciate the efforts of this forum but this thread has been very misleading. I just want my question answered and hope she does.
Reply 17
Original post by Evil Homer
As we are predominantly a forum site we meant that the minister would be online on TSR answering the individual questions you have posted.

Then that is what you should have made clear.
:laugh: this is all very TSR. No Minister, no questions, no clue! And it's midday!
Original post by Reality Check
:laugh: this is all very TSR. No Minister, no questions, no clue! And it's midday!

Yo - having some technical issues mate. Please bear with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending