The Student Room Group

access to midwifery

Hi, I am on unit 9 introduction to psychology and I can't get past the first question.

The scientific method
The methodology that makes psychology Scientific
The benefits of this in terms of the validity of psychological research. e.g. research designs, repeated measures, independent measures designs. Sample strategies, variables- IV, DV, and the control of extraneous variables.

Can anyone help me with this, please?
Hello, I have started this unit this morning, I already feel my head exploding and not even started it yet.
Reply 2
Original post by Laurao792
Hello, I have started this unit this morning, I already feel my head exploding and not even started it yet.

Good luck, I've been trying to do this question for a week now
Reply 3
Original post by Bubbleuk
Good luck, I've been trying to do this question for a week now

Hi

Hi how are you getting on with unit 9, are you able to give me any help on section 3 about luke, not sure what to write please
Hello

I'm really not doing well on this whole unit.

I am going to start section 3 today, however, these are the only notes I have so far:

I am going to discuss behaviourism and psychodynamic. I am explaining that his behaviour could be a result of being observed at school and I am going to talk about radical behaviourism (Skinner). Then in regards to psychodynamic, I will just discuss puberty and genetics.

Sorry I can't be much more help, I am really hating this unit and massively struggling
Reply 5
Hello

I'm really not doing well on this whole unit.

I am going to start section 3 today, however, these are the only notes I have so far:

I am going to discuss behaviourism and psychodynamic. I am explaining that his behaviour could be a result of being observed at school and I am going to talk about radical behaviourism (Skinner). Then in regards to psychodynamic, I will just discuss puberty and genetics.

Sorry I can't be much more help, I am really hating this unit and massively struggling

bless ya, thank you. I am also on question 3 and have no idea where to start. I havent even chosen which catergories i am going to do, really struggling with this unit. Ive cried and emailed my tutor and said i was going to quit. i have had no issues with other units until now.
Reply 6
bless ya, thank you. I am also on question 3 and have no idea where to start. I havent even chosen which catergories i am going to do, really struggling with this unit. Ive cried and emailed my tutor and said i was going to quit. i have had no issues with other units until now.

Hi what have you wrote for section 3, i have pages of notes and still not sure what ive wrote is even right
Reply 7

Hi what have you wrote for section 3, i have pages of notes and still not sure what ive wrote is even right
Reply 8
Hi would you be able to help me out on this unit, as im completely stuck and my tutuor isnt helpingthank you
You should form a study group.
Original post by 999tigger
You should form a study group.

i did but nobody talked in it, then i got added to other groups and certain people wasnt willing to help other certain people
Original post by Cmelissa
i did but nobody talked in it, then i got added to other groups and certain people wasnt willing to help other certain people

Its not my area, but I would understand what the question means then read my textbook or look at a few articles.
I dont think the OP has posted the full question, but I would start by

1. understanding in a paragraph what scientific method mean so Its normally about evidence based research and being able to back up your findings.
2. How that applies to psych.
3. The reasons and benefits.
4. Different methods in practice of employing such a method.

Sure you can find loads of articles on this.

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-psychology/chapter/the-scientific-method/
https://courses.lumenlearning.com/wmopen-psychology/chapter/outcome-the-scientific-method/
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/329571255_The_importance_of_scientific_method_for_psychological_science
Original post by 999tigger
Its not my area, but I would understand what the question means then read my textbook or look at a few articles.
I dont think the OP has posted the full question, but I would start by

1. understanding in a paragraph what scientific method mean so Its normally about evidence based research and being able to back up your findings.
2. How that applies to psych.
3. The reasons and benefits.
4. Different methods in practice of employing such a method.

Sure you can find loads of articles on this.

https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-psychology/chapter/the-scientific-method/
https://courses.lumenlearning.com/wmopen-psychology/chapter/outcome-the-scientific-method/
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/329571255_The_importance_of_scientific_method_for_psychological_scie

Thank you so much, this is a good starting point for me, much appricated x
Thank you so much, this is a good starting point for me, much appricated x

OH thats good. Its not my area at all, but you can normally figure out what they want.
Reserach is the key and the more you read then the more it will make sense.
Be sure to reference, but I checked and I think some of those were on point. There are some basic articles there which will help you get a good understanding and then theres a couple of more advanced papers which would provide more detail.

The key is to have a strong basic structure and plan, that you have absolute confidence in because it covers the right areas and you understand it.
Ince you have that then you are free to read more in depth articles that can add bits to various sections, but you always have your core plan to avoid getting lost. GL.

hey, did you manage to complete section 4, im struggling and wondered if you could help me:smile: xx
Hi all, have done one psycholical
Approach social but am struggling with the other. Have picked cognitive. Any help appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending