The Student Room Group

Have you ever cried over football?

I would say close a few times but not properly.

Scroll to see replies

yes
Didn't realise you were capable of crying
When Chelsea lost the CL final to Man Utd in 2008
When England lost to Portugal in the 2006 WC
Reply 4
Aye
Reply 5
Original post by FemaleinDress
I would say close a few times but not properly.

No because I’m not sad
yes, i hit my leg whilst i was celebrating and broke the glass table and i was bleeding, good memories :awesome:
Reply 7
I cried when Watford beat my Liverpool 3-0, when Real Madrid beat us 3-1, and when Man City went 3-1 up against Brighton on the last day of the 2018/19 season.
I know someone who supports Barcelona cried after the comeback by Liverpool last season, and someone who supports Bayern cried after a 5-1 loss to Frankfurt.
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah sometimes during the World Cup when they replace Eastenders for a footie match.
Quite a lot when I was younger; people kept kicking them into my face. :frown:
Reply 10
More times than Im proud of.
Tears of boredom
Reply 12
Both when playing and watching, yes.

Getting promoted yourself or watching your team get promoted is an amazing feeling.
nope
Reply 14
At the start of the 1990 World Cup forty minutes after England’s 1-1 draw with Ireland.

Three hours earlier I’d been coming home on the tube from a day out drinking in London when two very attractive Asian girls started flirting with me.
But I was only interested in the England Ireland game.
It turned out the two girls got out at my stop -not as coincidental as it may seem as our carriage was closest to that exit at the front of the train - and I let them go first and they actually waited for me at a newsagents advertising board in the window.
Damn I thought . They are definitely up for a threesome . All I’ve got to do is say hello, looking for somewhere to live and I’d be away .
But the England Ireland game ! How could I not watch that ? I’d been looking forward to it all day.

And so I walked straight past.

And it was only about forty minutes after the game that the enormity of what I’d done finally caught up with me.

I realised I could have probably watched the game at their place. Or the second half anyway.
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah. Alex Ferguson’s last game, Moscow 2008 and the night we won the treble.
No, I just felt a huge disappointment sometimes: When Germany lost the final at the World Cup in 2002 and at the EURO in 2008.
Oh yes the season my beloved Fulham won the championship play off final and was promoted to the Premiership.
When Leeds lost to Derby in the playoffs last season, didn’t help by the fact I had two GCSEs the next day which I hadn’t really revised for
Not really I don’t like football I’ve only seen a handful of matches but I saw lots of Germans crying when South Korea knocked them out of the 2019 World Cup in the group stages.

Quick Reply

Latest