The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nathan1403
Update time: I just had a call with Alex :smile:

He hasn't had a great day, he was really tired after his assessment and the nurse that came to check on him today was insufferable, she was really rude to him, and when Alex asked her if she could please be a little nicer because he'd had an exhausting day she was like 'ugh, you borderline people are so selfish' like ??? She's a mental health nurse, she should show a little more professionalism and not perpetuate stereotypes like that!:angry:

Anyway, rant over. I told Alex my parents are still supportive and he was so happy to hear that, he started crying knowing he has a family to come home to. It means so much to him! I also said you guys were all sending hugs and he was thrilled to hear that too, because he got scared you guys all hated him :s-smilie: So I told him he's more than welcome to post on here and he said he just might come say hi, he's bored to death anyway

More good news is he also told three other friends about his diagnosis, so plus his best friend that's four people he's told who aren't me! It's clear he's really trying to build up that support network and I'm so incredibly proud :biggrin::biggrin:

We also talked about my exam for a bit and we both agreed we're excited to see one another again, as friends. Right now when I was talking to him I already felt different, like I was talking to a close mate rather than an ex, but idk what it'll be like when we'll see each other and live together again. But let's not worry about that for now

He's got his first exam tomorrow and he sounded rather optimistic about it :h:

So it's mostly good things going on! And I feel so much happier having talked to him, as a friend. I really think we can make the just friends thing work :smile:

Oh, great news, seems that you two are making real progress... :h:

He hasn't had a great day, he was really tired after his assessment and the nurse that came to check on him today was insufferable, she was really rude to him, and when Alex asked her if she could please be a little nicer because he'd had an exhausting day she was like 'ugh, you borderline people are so selfish' like ??? She's a mental health nurse, she should show a little more professionalism and not perpetuate stereotypes like that!:angry:

Anyway, rant over. I told Alex my parents are still supportive and he was so happy to hear that, he started crying knowing he has a family to come home to. It means so much to him! I also said you guys were all sending hugs and he was thrilled to hear that too, because he got scared you guys all hated him :s-smilie: So I told him he's more than welcome to post on here and he said he just might come say hi, he's bored to death anyway

More good news is he also told three other friends about his diagnosis, so plus his best friend that's four people he's told who aren't me! It's clear he's really trying to build up that support network and I'm so incredibly proud :biggrin::biggrin:

We also talked about my exam for a bit and we both agreed we're excited to see one another again, as friends. Right now when I was talking to him I already felt different, like I was talking to a close mate rather than an ex, but idk what it'll be like when we'll see each other and live together again. But let's not worry about that for now

So it's mostly good things going on! And I feel so much happier having talked to him, as a friend. I really think we can make the just friends thing work :smile:

That's wonderful news! It's awful that the nurse was so crappy to him but I'm really happy he's forming that support network :smile:))) Can't wait to see him soon.

You can definitely make the just friends thing work, but I think you'll unfortunately find that do strong feelings come back. Everyone in my private story used to get annoyed at me because I used to always say (about my first crush who I still sort of like but not as much as I used to) that "I'm over him", then when I saw him suddenly declare I liked him again before saying "I'm over him - for real this time" - and so the cycle continued for around half a decade.... :/ We used to be friends, but then we broke up so I was a fair bit upset about that but we're friends again now :h: Off-topic but why must we crush on straight guys? :mad: haha

It really is :smile: I can't believe how far they've come, this time last year I first took Alex to meet them and my mum put him through hell

That incident is still fresh in my mind. We're all loving the #Growth
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by josie71202
tell someone about the nurse she'll probably get fired. Anyway it's just a stereotype that no one believes at least not the people that care about him

Agree :biggrin:
Original post by ChocCheesecake
Is that Paul Taylor?

Yesss, I love him so much :biggrin:

I'm on my phone and the app is being really ****ty so I'll read the other posts later haha
Agree :biggrin:

Yesss, I love him so much :biggrin:

I'm on my phone and the app is being really ****ty so I'll read the other posts later haha

Do you use the app? :eek:
I use the mobile web version, works much better for me.

Good to hear he's reaching out to people. And I'd report that nurse, that's not ok 😡 of course we want Alex to come back and we don't hate him. We're proud of his progress. And yours Nathan! You're coping better today?
Original post by Serenity-M
Good to hear he's reaching out to people. And I'd report that nurse, that's not ok 😡 of course we want Alex to come back and we don't hate him. We're proud of his progress. And yours Nathan! You're coping better today?

PRSOM, completely agree!
Original post by Anonymous
There's so, so much there to be happy about. Alex has made fantastic progress with developing a support network and I'm really happy that he knows that your family are fully supportive of him and that he'll have a family to come home to. That must mean so much to him right now. It's also good that you're making progress on your new dynamic - there's so much here to be proud of and to celebrate. We'd love to see Alex on here and to chat to him - you can't have N&A's blog without one of the stars and he's a fantastic guy who we all cherish and adore!

With the nurse, that's so ****ty ngl, but I don't think he'll get far in complaining if I'm honest. I've read a lot of horror stories about nurses and doctors in ED inpatient wards and the way they treat patients is appalling - it's a) little wonder why so many people stop complying with treatment until they're discharged as non-compliant, b) little wonder why so many people relapse, and c) why I don't want to get treatment.

But, as ever, let Alex know that we're all thinking of him, we all care for him immensely, and we're all here waiting for him whenever he wants to and feels comfortable posting.

Alex cried when I told him about the family thing, and (unlike me) he doesn't cry a lot :tongue: So yeah, it means the world to him :h: We've been texting a bit tonight (as friends!) and he said he was trying to get some revision in but he might post on here once he's done for the night :smile:

Well, obviously not all staff are like that, out of the 10 or so people Alex has seen so far only this one nurse has treated him badly :/
Original post by Mosaic4
Other than the mental health nurse and Alex feeling exhausted, that is a really positive update. As you know, we are more than happy to talk to him at any time. We definitely don’t hate him.

It’s good the hospital are letting him take his exam whilst he is in there.

Are you feeling any better now? Do you think you can make a good go of your exam tomorrow?

Thank you, and I hope he's reading these posts and so he feels welcome to post again whenever he's ready :smile:

I'm a little better, knowing that Alex is okay helps so much! It's bedtime now though (don't judge, I'm exhausted) and I know going to bed alone will make me sad again :frown: I'm going to give my exam another go tomorrow, I've actually had an idea how to answer my final question so it shouldn't be too hard to get it done :smile:
Original post by Serval36
Oh, great news, seems that you two are making real progress... :h:

Thank you!!:biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by AndrewPSSP
That's wonderful news! It's awful that the nurse was so crappy to him but I'm really happy he's forming that support network :smile:))) Can't wait to see him soon.

You can definitely make the just friends thing work, but I think you'll unfortunately find that do strong feelings come back. Everyone in my private story used to get annoyed at me because I used to always say (about my first crush who I still sort of like but not as much as I used to) that "I'm over him", then when I saw him suddenly declare I liked him again before saying "I'm over him - for real this time" - and so the cycle continued for around half a decade.... :/ We used to be friends, but then we broke up so I was a fair bit upset about that but we're friends again now :h: Off-topic but why must we crush on straight guys? :mad: haha

That incident is still fresh in my mind. We're all loving the #Growth

True, especially since Alex was my first love (and he was so damn perfect for me!) I don't think I'll be getting over those feelings anytime soon :tongue: But I know its not good for either of us to start dating again so I'm going to try my hardest not to do anything 'couple-y' with him :smile: I'm a bit nervous about him coming to my house again but we'll see how it goes!

Hahaha, I hate crushing on a straight guy! You know that nothing will ever come of it yet your heart is like 'but he's so cuuuute' :tongue:

Does it? I might try that too then!:smile:
Original post by Serenity-M

Thank you :h::h: I'm a little better today, but it's ups and downs really. I'm okay-ish now but I was so ****ing devastated this afternoon :tongue:
Alex cried when I told him about the family thing, and (unlike me) he doesn't cry a lot :tongue: So yeah, it means the world to him :h: We've been texting a bit tonight (as friends!) and he said he was trying to get some revision in but he might post on here once he's done for the night :smile:

Well, obviously not all staff are like that, out of the 10 or so people Alex has seen so far only this one nurse has treated him badly :/

True, especially since Alex was my first love (and he was so damn perfect for me!) I don't think I'll be getting over those feelings anytime soon :tongue: But I know its not good for either of us to start dating again so I'm going to try my hardest not to do anything 'couple-y' with him :smile: I'm a bit nervous about him coming to my house again but we'll see how it goes!

It's great that he's starting to realise that he has a family that cares for him so much and it's good that you're chatting as friends.and that he's trying to get revision. Obviously, it'd be great to see him, but no pressure.

True, but in my situation, I've heard too many horror stories to even try it.

Nathan, just take it one step at a time, don't even worry about this until he gets to yours. :smile:
It's great that he's starting to realise that he has a family that cares for him so much and it's good that you're chatting as friends.and that he's trying to get revision. Obviously, it'd be great to see him, but no pressure.

True, but in my situation, I've heard too many horror stories to even try it.

Nathan, just take it one step at a time, don't even worry about this until he gets to yours. :smile:

True :smile: This is all going much better than I expected :biggrin:

Tbh it sometimes feels like you're just looking for reasons to justify not going to therapy, but we can talk about that another day
Hello wonderful people of TSR, how's life?
I'm not going to read any of the posts from this weekend but I heard you guys still like me so I figured I'd drop by real quick. I want to say a big thank you to everyone, for all you've done for me and Nathan - not just the other day, but ever since he made that first thread. It all means so much to me.
Alex x
Original post by garlic'nherbdip
I'm not going to read any of the posts from this weekend but I heard you guys still like me so I figured I'd drop by real quick. I want to say a big thank you to everyone, for all you've done for me and Nathan - not just the other day, but ever since he made that first thread. It all means so much to me.
Alex x

Hey man, so happy to see you here. :hugs: Honestly, it's ok and don't be a stranger - we all still care about you so, so, so much and we're all here for you.
Alex x

It’s really good to see you again. Of course we still like you, not sure why you would think we wouldn’t. Hope you are getting on ok in hospital. Good luck for the exams x
Hey man, so happy to see you here. :hugs: Honestly, it's ok and don't be a stranger - we all still care about you so, so, so much and we're all here for you.

Original post by Mosaic4
It’s really good to see you again. Of course we still like you, not sure why you would think we wouldn’t. Hope you are getting on ok in hospital. Good luck for the exams x

:hugs: My current nurse can't stand me. The feeling is mutual, mind you, but it's not ideal. I'm upset because I messed up the best part of my life yadda yadda yadda, but Nathan is being his usual sweet self and he's still talking to me despite everything I did to him.
:hugs: My current nurse can't stand me. The feeling is mutual, mind you, but it's not ideal. I'm upset because I messed up the best part of my life yadda yadda yadda, but Nathan is being his usual sweet self and he's still talking to me despite everything I did to him.

:hugs:Mate, I get that you're feeling like that at the moment, but take everything one step at a time and focus on getting better at the moment. He's talking to you because he cares about you as do we all. You may not see it yet, but we all care about you so, so much and we're not going anywhere. :smile:
True :smile: This is all going much better than I expected :biggrin:

Tbh it sometimes feels like you're just looking for reasons to justify not going to therapy, but we can talk about that another day

BIB: Haha, many people have told me that in the past, granted you're the most persistent yet though!

I find that they're both rather temperamental for me lol - sometimes the site is better but the app is better most of the time

Hahaha, I hate crushing on a straight guy! You know that nothing will ever come of it yet your heart is like 'but he's so cuuuute' :tongue:

Not @ me dreaming up our future together 🤡
Once it was awful, someone found out that I liked him (this was after we had fallen out) and they said to them "Hey, Andrew really wants to bum you" which made me feel really upset :frown: He knew already anyways lol (not the reason we fell out)

Alex x

We can't stand your nurse either :smile: We all care about the both of you - don't ever think otherwise. Good luck for everything b

Hi Alex,

Hope the food’s not too terrible and it’s good that you can get out of your room and talk to other people now. The plus side of a crap nurse is that there’ll be a shift change and someone different will be along - and you’ve got study to do which is a good reason to ignore them....
Original post by AndrewPSSP
Once it was awful, someone found out that I liked him (this was after we had fallen out) and they said to them "Hey, Andrew really wants to bum you" which made me feel really upset :frown: He knew already anyways lol (not the reason we fell out)

Oops :p:p I'm sorry to hear about that though, it's not funny when people joke about those things :frown:
Ugh, I think I'm done with online dating till I go back to London. The pool of people who live close-ish to Bath, study in or near London, I'd want to date, and - importantly - want to date me back is apparently super small :frown:. Plus, my likes are plateauing which is a little depressing :tongue:; I haven't had any likes in quite a few hours. (Though, I got a super like this morning which felt pretty great, no idea who it was though!) I matched with a couple guys but I can't imagine actually being in a relationship with either of them.
(edited 3 years ago)
Alex x

Hi, I hope you are feeling better :h:.
It's good to see you over here.

Latest

Trending

Trending