The Student Room Group

why do my thighs feel really really itchy after walking outside

this might sound weird but it's true. It feels incredibly itchy, and I feel an uncontrollable need to itch them, but when I do, it doesn't feel any better.
It's honestly slightly painful cuz imagine you need to itch BADLY but when you do itch it doesn't feel ANY better. And this is ALL over your thighs.

I searched it up and it said its due to increased blood flow or something, but this has never happened when I do a workout at home. Is this is an allergic reaction to something in the air? Should I go to the doctors for it? If I was allergic why does this only happen on my legs and not my arms?

btw, this happens only SOMETIMES.

Sorry if this sounds weird but it's affecting me quite a lot cuz I have to head back home within 10 minutes honestly if it does happen:frown:

Scroll to see replies

does it happen on grass it could be a small allergy
this happens to me aswell!
Something to do with the heat and possibly the fabrics you are wearing. I'll wait for the tsr doctors to confirm
i can relate.
Original post by Anonymous
this might sound weird but it's true. It feels incredibly itchy, and I feel an uncontrollable need to itch them, but when I do, it doesn't feel any better.
It's honestly slightly painful cuz imagine you need to itch BADLY but when you do itch it doesn't feel ANY better. And this is ALL over your thighs.

I searched it up and it said its due to increased blood flow or something, but this has never happened when I do a workout at home. Is this is an allergic reaction to something in the air? Should I go to the doctors for it? If I was allergic why does this only happen on my legs and not my arms?

Sorry if this sounds weird but it's affecting me quite a lot cuz I have to head back home within 10 minutes honestly if it does happen:frown:

It could be something you obviously picked up perhaps in long grass or something making you feel like itching afterwards as it is possible,

You can try antihestime / allergy tablets and e45 itch cream to see if that helps you as both will help you like , and if not then GP next thing to see ok for further investigation.
That's my medical advice to you as a nurse as I can't obviously say what exactly the problems is ok and obviously its only my medical opinion going on what you said about this okay .
It could be something you obviously picked up perhaps in long grass or something making you feel like itching afterwards as it is possible,

You can try antihestime / allergy tablets and e45 itch cream to see if that helps you as both will help you like , and if not then GP next thing to see ok for further investigation.
That's my medical advice to you as a nurse as I can't obviously say what exactly the problems is ok and obviously its only my medical opinion going on what you said about this okay .

when my thighs itch i normal am wearing leggings, so im not sure if it could be grass as i dont really go near grass when this happens.
when my thighs itch i normal am wearing leggings, so im not sure if it could be grass as i dont really go near grass when this happens.

Ok
If not grass then can it be washing powder or material of your clothes being allergic to certain materials like polyester !!! I only trying to work out if its something like that causing it to you ...!!!
Ok
If not grass then can it be washing powder or material of your clothes being allergic to certain materials like polyester !!! I only trying to work out if its something like that causing it to you ...!!!

Just like somebody said perhaps heat as your body hotter than usual ...?
Ok

thank you! it might be that, ill research upon that
Original post by physicsamor
Something to do with the heat and possibly the fabrics you are wearing. I'll wait for the tsr doctors to confirm

Could be a multitude of things that can be causing it as itching can be from any sources and its a matter of elimination.
Best thing to try for time being is a allergy tablet and itch relief cream to see if it helps and if not go and seek medical advice from there GP..
Happens to me too. Even though I have not been out in months
few...i feel a bit better knowing im not alone...

yup same

thanks for your advice...ill try the tablets next time..

btw it doesn't necessarily happen when I'm on grass
chafing?
chafing?

possibly, but it happens when i wear shorts too

this happened to me the other day when jogging. I thought i was going to have an anaphylactic shock. My whole body became insanely itchy, legs, thighs, abs, chest, neck and it was making me unbelievably anxious. I just ran home as quickly possible and jumped under a cold shower.
My arms, legs(including thighs), feet and back get very itching. Arms and thighs are inching a lot rn😿
Original post by JellyInMyBelly
this happened to me the other day when jogging. I thought i was going to have an anaphylactic shock. My whole body became insanely itchy, legs, thighs, abs, chest, neck and it was making me unbelievably anxious. I just ran home as quickly possible and jumped under a cold shower.

that's exactly what I feel like. I literally have to jog home because it's that scary
that's exactly what I feel like. I literally have to jog home because it's that scary

I think it is a hypersensitivity reaction to some sort of pollen. I notice it especially when it is damp. I think grass and weed pollen drops onto the ground and break up clumps of pollen into smaller particles when it rains so that might be one reason

Quick Reply

Latest