The Student Room Group

Can you challenge an application outcome?

Or if you get rejected can you email asking them to re consider your application? ( for masters) not ucas
Did they tell you why you got rejected or what was wrong with your application?
Original post by fprischi
Did they tell you why you got rejected or what was wrong with your application?

No I did originally ask for feedback but they just said they thought I would find the course really challenging” bit patronising really especially considering I did meet the requirements. Guess there’s competition for places tho
That's very patronising. I got to ask, which University is that?
Original post by hollyoaks678
Or if you get rejected can you email asking them to re consider your application? ( for masters) not ucas

Most uni's will not reconsider an application unless you can demonstrate that their admissions procedure has not be followed correctly. IE. if it was an academic decision, then no, they will not reconsider you.

You can ask for more specific feedback if you felt that you met the academic requirements of the course, (but bear in mind that does not guarantee an offer).
I mean yes and no. I think there's one thing being borderline accepted (which I was and successfully appealed my undergrad rejection) and there's another to say you would find the course challenging.

I would request more detailed feedback, move on and learn from the feedback provided to get onto a different course.
Original post by hollyoaks678

What admit one said. They have to have done something wrong in regards procedure, the law or their own rules. You can then make a complaint.
If its just that they thought others had a stronger application then you cant challenge that. If its because you were black or done contrary to their own rules then you could challenge that. Best you can do is ask for feedback, but theres no reason they have to give or be helpful.

Meeting their requirements is meeting the min requirements to be considered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending