The Student Room Group

She replies quick but blunt?

I'm talking to a girl online for a while and she replies to my messages really quicky however is extremeley blunt and I'm not sure what this means. I can't tell if she's interested or not.

For example, a convo might go like this:
me: hey hows your day bene
her: good u
me: yeah good thanks i went and (list various things i did)
her: cool
me: you get up to much?
her: met up with friends
me: cool, did you hear about (random thing like i dunno something that was on the news, or a new series or something)
her: yh/no
me: ahh okay
End of convo: she wouldn't reply to the last message/she only replies where there is something specific to reply to.

Like she's super blunt, makes no effort in holding the convo, doesn't engage in the convo e.g. a normally person would engage in things like if i said i went and saw a movie they might say ahh cool which one/was it good? she would just be like 'ok' sorta thing. However she replies really quick sometimes within a minute. I feel if she wasn't interested she would just either not reply or take a while to reply, but she replies extremely quickly which i feel means she could be interested just be a bad texter?

Also she's never once started a convo in the months we've been talking, I tried testing things e.g. i never started a convo to see if she would start a convo but it went by 5 days and she never messaged me at all so I gave up and messaged her and she replied within like a minute.

Mixed signals im not sure what to do?

Scroll to see replies

hate to break it to you, but maybe she ain't intersted. same ting happened to me. just move on and don't waste your time on people that don't respect you. ain't got time for time wasters.

Either than or she's just incredibly socially-inept and talks like this to most people, or she has a crush on u and is shy??

not sure but, me being a guy, and from past experience, I can say, DON'T WASTE UR TIME WITH PPL THAT DON'T RESPECT U, use ur energy else where, with people that care.
She might just be bad a texting. I’m not sure tbh but maybe she likes talking to you but she doesn’t know what to say. Maybe try calling her.
Sounds like she likes talking to you but doesn't necessarily want to talk to you but too nice to simply ignore. Ask her more open ended questions about things she's up to and follow them up with open ended questions, bassicaly put it in a way she has to reply in a sentence. Explore her answers rather than try and think of new topics.

It doesn't sound great though, but I hope it works out.
maybe texting aint her thing
hv u met with her? in real life? how was that

but tbh from what i can tell, don't think shes into you in THAT way, maybe as just friends or something
so shes dry ash..
I used to do this because I hated having notifications / unread messages but wanted to reply bluntly so the conversation would end because I wasn't interested or didn't want to lead them on and I felt blocking was too rude
Some people genuinely can't think of anything to say, and/or want to remain dignified by letting the other person share everything about themself and initiate every conversation. I text/message very intensely when I'm interested in what the other person has to say, with lots of (in my humble opinion) witty humour, interesting content and as many opportunities as possible for the other person to tell me about themself and be equally engaging. It only works with a small number of people who actually bother to keep up, but provides the richest and most enjoyable kind of online conversation. Unsurprisingly, most people don't message like that, and will show less interest the more you write, as it is considered weird and undignified to go beyond blunt, direct and fairly inane small talk.

I'm afraid that in your situation, she's probably just not interested though, and possibly struggles to engagingly communicate anyway. Likely the only reason she replies so quickly is that she is always on her phone.

Find somebody more interesting to message, somebody who can hold up their end of the conversation and impress you.
Reply 8
It can either be she's litro a dead texter or whatever (meh) or she isn't all that interested (more likely).

I mean... if she really didn't want to talk to you she would just not reply.

If she was into you THAT way she'd probably be more than just 'cool' and 'ite'. But then again, I can be a funny character myself when texting at times...

Anyways who knows, she's your mate not ours. What's she like in person?
Reply 9
Either fix an irl date or just give up. No girl has ever been attracted to a guy because they are good to message with
Thanks for the replies, so in response to a few of these messages:

We've never met in person, I've asked if she'd like to meet up and she says yes but whenever I ask when she always says she's not sure /busy

Original post by fabo89
Either fix an irl date or just give up. No girl has ever been attracted to a guy because they are good to message with

Original post by FRS500
It can either be she's litro a dead texter or whatever (meh) or she isn't all that interested (more likely).

I mean... if she really didn't want to talk to you she would just not reply.

If she was into you THAT way she'd probably be more than just 'cool' and 'ite'. But then again, I can be a funny character myself when texting at times...

Anyways who knows, she's your mate not ours. What's she like in person?

Original post by physicsamor
I used to do this because I hated having notifications / unread messages but wanted to reply bluntly so the conversation would end because I wasn't interested or didn't want to lead them on and I felt blocking was too rude

Thats true I guess, I thought because she replied so fast she was interested but i guess this could make sense, maybe shes too nice/doesn't lied unread notifications so replies bluntly so I can stop messaging/take the hint but i feel even with this she might wait an hour or so to reply rather than replying within a couple minutes but i guess if she is always on her phone then maybe
Original post by vix.xvi
maybe texting aint her thing
hv u met with her? in real life? how was that

but tbh from what i can tell, don't think shes into you in THAT way, maybe as just friends or something

Never met in real life or spoken on the phone yet, I've asked her if she wants to meet and she says 'yes' or 'i dont mind' but when i ask when she says not sure and then if i reply like 'what about next weekend' she'll keep saying not sure or i dunno until next weekend passes and we evenually didn't meet.
Well, that's a complicated one. I'm not sure if she's actually interested in you, but just a bad texter, or she isn't interested in you and wants the conversation to be over (and she doesn't want to ignore you to not seem rude). Tough one. The question is: Does she act like this with everyone or just you? Hm. If she only acts like this with you, then perhaps she isn't that interested. But hey, receiving quick replies is better than receiving slow replies.Sometimes, I act blunt like her for two reasons: I'm not really interested in the conversation or I just feel a bit anxious/don't know what to say.
Reply 13
Shes probably uninterested or she is a dry texter.
Original post by ᴅ ᴀ ɴ ɪ ᴇ ʟ
Well, that's a complicated one. I'm not sure if she's actually interested in you, but just a bad texter, or she isn't interested in you and wants the conversation to be over (and she doesn't want to ignore you to not seem rude). Tough one. The question is: Does she act like this with everyone or just you? Hm. If she only acts like this with you, then perhaps she isn't that interested. But hey, receiving quick replies is better than receiving slow replies.Sometimes, I act blunt like her for two reasons: I'm not really interested in the conversation or I just feel a bit anxious/don't know what to say.

Yeaah exactly but i guess i'll never know, feel the only way to ever find out would be a) ask her friends but I dont know any of her friends to ask so this isn't an option or b) i make a fake account and message her off that to see if she's also blunt to that account (this is just a joke btw I wouldn't actually do this)

I'm not attractive and even tho I'd like to think i'm funny/good personality girls still don't give me a chance cause of my looks, but she's one of the only girls that replies to me so tryna shoot my shot
Original post by Anonymous
I'm talking to a girl online for a while and she replies to my messages really quicky however is extremeley blunt and I'm not sure what this means. I can't tell if she's interested or not.

For example, a convo might go like this:
me: hey hows your day bene
her: good u
me: yeah good thanks i went and (list various things i did)
her: cool
me: you get up to much?
her: met up with friends
me: cool, did you hear about (random thing like i dunno something that was on the news, or a new series or something)
her: yh/no
me: ahh okay
End of convo: she wouldn't reply to the last message/she only replies where there is something specific to reply to.

Like she's super blunt, makes no effort in holding the convo, doesn't engage in the convo e.g. a normally person would engage in things like if i said i went and saw a movie they might say ahh cool which one/was it good? she would just be like 'ok' sorta thing. However she replies really quick sometimes within a minute. I feel if she wasn't interested she would just either not reply or take a while to reply, but she replies extremely quickly which i feel means she could be interested just be a bad texter?

Also she's never once started a convo in the months we've been talking, I tried testing things e.g. i never started a convo to see if she would start a convo but it went by 5 days and she never messaged me at all so I gave up and messaged her and she replied within like a minute.

Mixed signals im not sure what to do?

Oh wow she is so dry...from what I gather she seems to have a lot of time on her hands and I reckon that she likes the attention but isn't willing to go all the way by being your friend/girlfriend..? I have a friend who's fine irl, but she always leaves her snaps unread so she can open them when she's lonely or wants attention.

I don't want to be harsh, but it seems to be quite apparent that she's not interested..sorry man :frown: Maybe she's just really busy and talks to loads of other people but she's too nice to ignore your messages?
She’s either not interested or doesn’t know what to say cus reading this conversation I wouldn’t reply either cus I wouldn’t know what to say after that, plus the convo was boring from the start.
(edited 3 years ago)
She isn't interested and probably hates having unopened messages/notifications so she's replying really quickly to get rid of them rather than ignoring them. Move on x
She's not interested. Even s bad texter will here and there not be blunt. If you don't text her, and you wait for her to initiate first, I might change my opinion.
With regards to meeting, she's unsure or not wanting to. Unsure as it seems like you've never met in person before, so she could be wary.
She's responding to be polite/friendly. She's not romantically interested in you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending