The Student Room Group

Will you take the COVID-19 Vaccine?

A young healthy adult male with no underlying health conditions between ages 18 - 25 years. Statistically, the chances of such an individual dying from COVID-19 lies somewhere close to 0.02%, this statistic also including possible cases of unknown health conditions at the time of death.

We're being told a vaccine is on the way, but don't know what's going into it and it breaks the status quo for the length of time and preparation that typically goes into a vaccine. I'm assuming the UK government is going to opt for herd immunity, so not all of us will have to have it.

My question is - surely it's better to let those who need it to take it and for individuals such as described above not to, letting their natural immune response take the 0.02% chance of failure. Until statistics of adverse reactions can be recorded in mass, I personally think I'd opt for that 0.02% chance.
yes
Original post by catsarecool67
yes

Elaborate - the reasons vaccines take so long is because they fail trials due to causing too many adverse reactions. I'm not one to believe in the whole autism ********, but adverse reactions do certainly exist and are proven scientifically to be potential consequences. Is there really a need to if the government employs herd immunity?
(edited 3 years ago)
Yes, I want the vaccine! :smile:

I’m in favour of anything that allows me to get life back to normal. Plus once there’s a vaccine people will probably be allowed to attend sporting events etc without social distancing if they have had the vaccine
I would. Even though I myself will probably not die from it, I could pass it on to someone who will.
I'd like for it to have more checks done on it first, as it's still in fairly early stages, and we don't know if it provides any long-term protection yet (we've only got up to about 2 months from what I've heard).
Overall though, once a vaccine has been developed properly, I would like to get it. I've got anxiety and this whole situation really hasn't been good for it, and as above, it keeps other people safe too.
Reply 6
Yes, I would. Im in the risk group, so my chances of potentially dying would be greater. Death really isnt my cup of tea, so I think Ill go with the vaccine.
No.
Only vaccine I've ever had is the polio one.
yes

Quick Reply

Latest