The Student Room Group

SQA Results Day 2020 - Discussion and Help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by real**********
In all honesty. meaningless. My sons will get what a teacher THINKS. Then the SQA may or may not change that. SQA REALLY need to have a plan in place for next year and not just cancel them as quickly as they did this year. Social distancing was EASY to achieve in every school in Scotland for exams.

TBH It kinda of works both ways, there's lots more SQA students than the schoolies and for others it was the polar opposite, they refused to confirm any exam cancellations until late may like a week before the final exams.

Must admit i'm not convinced of easy social distancing, if that's the case, why were any schools closed at all?
Original post by Sploffo
Hmm, I'm feeling pretty confident about computing and graphic communication and think I should get an A. Physics I think I got a B during my prelims so I am still fairly confident about that, but maths I got a C (59% :frown:) and whilst I would be normally confident that that would go to a B, I did really bad on my homework as I'm really guilty of cramming my revision into the final few months.
I need ABBB to get into my first choice, and BBBB for my insurance.

Glad there are some you feel pretty confident on! :smile: Remember that the prelim mark you got isn't necessarily the grade your teachers have put down for you, or necessarily the one you'll be awarded tomorrow. Prepare for the worst, but don't let that stop you from hoping for the best! Hope you get the grades for your conditions :smile:
Just wanna give a big thanks to @Labrador99 as they have (and many others) throughout the last 2 years of me doing nat 5s and highers been extremely helpful on the Scottish forum. It feels weird that I'm going into my final year of school & I want to be as helpful as possible to everybody in younger years with my 'wisdom' (hahaha) of the Scottish exam system. I know that you aren't in school anymore so I guess I'll use this time to wish good luck to everybody!!
And my predictions for myself is AAABB-AAAAA based on my class tests, as long as SQA doesn't bring them down. Honestly the only ones that I want an A is Chemistry & Maths since I want to do chemistry at Uni and a couple of them want an A in maths as well as chemistry.
Original post by Homeschooler757
I took Nat5 English, Biology, Chemistry and Drama. And Higher Maths. Most of my prelims went really well and in the nationals Im hoping for (In order) A, A*,A*and an A/B depending on how my practical went :s-smilie:. But in my Maths prelim they gave me the wrong paper! So I lost a lot of time and was not able to finish. I told my teacher and was aloud to sit an at home prelim and got a mush higher grade:h:. But now SQA have said that teachers should not trust at home prelims so I'm terified. But what can ya do :dontknow:

Your prelims going well is definitely a positive! :smile: That's rubbish about maths - they should really have given you full time to do the proper one :s-smilie: Can only guess that at the time they wouldn't have thought it was a big deal (hindsight and all that :redface:)...Have you done other class tests? Or accumulated other evidence throughout the year? It will all be used to form that overall picture. There's a range of reasons that someone might not have a prelim, so there's a lot of teacher judgement at play too :redface:
Original post by Valeriex
Just wanna give a big thanks to @Labrador99 as they have (and many others) throughout the last 2 years of me doing nat 5s and highers been extremely helpful on the Scottish forum. It feels weird that I'm going into my final year of school & I want to be as helpful as possible to everybody in younger years with my 'wisdom' (hahaha) of the Scottish exam system. I know that you aren't in school anymore so I guess I'll use this time to wish good luck to everybody!!
And my predictions for myself is AAABB-AAAAA based on my class tests, as long as SQA doesn't bring them down. Honestly the only ones that I want an A is Chemistry & Maths since I want to do chemistry at Uni and a couple of them want an A in maths as well as chemistry.

Aw, thank you! :hugs: Class of 2020 is the first exams/results I did back when they were Nat 5s & your year group is the first one I did the full August-exams with, so will be strange seeing you all off next year! Hope you get the results you want tomorrow though - rooting for you! :smile:

I got all As in my prelim for my 5 highers however they were all in the 70's. So I am a wee bit nervous. Do u think the sqa will give me 5 As
Reply 46
Original post by Labrador99
With only a few days to go, it's time to get your results predictions in!! :biggrin:

Hopefully I get A’s in All my subjects -English maths biology chemistry Geography french Business management and design/manufacture- but it’s only Nat 5’s so I don’t really mind I was just aiming for A’s when I started the courses :smile:
omg I'm so nervous
Original post by pinkbubbles234

Spoiler

I got all As in my prelim for my 5 highers however they were all in the 70's. So I am a wee bit nervous. Do u think the sqa will give me 5 As

Not knowing you, it's anybody's guess...But, if the evidence is showing that that's what you were on track to achieve, then in theory that's what you should be awarded!
Original post by Fisnbs
Hopefully I get A’s in All my subjects -English maths biology chemistry Geography french Business management and design/manufacture- but it’s only Nat 5’s so I don’t really mind I was just aiming for A’s when I started the courses :smile:

Hope you get those grades tomorrow! And that's a good take to have on it - if you're planning on doing highers/AHs, the Nat 5s will soon be superseded :smile:
Original post by michaelfarnell5
omg I'm so nervous

:wavey: What results are you waiting on? :smile:
national 5s
national 5s

Can imagine it is a bit of a strange first results day experience for you :redface: Know it's easy for me to say this, but it will be ok, no matter what results you get. They might be what you hoped for, they might not be, but there's always other ways of doing things. I'm guessing you're going into S5 after summer?
yup I'm going S5 after summer
yup I'm going S5 after summer

:smile: Had said this to someone above, but once you've done highers/AHs, they'll pretty much supersede your nat 5s, and they won't matter as much as they do now. Totally natural to want to do well (I'd have been the same!) and for your hard work in the year to get the grades you know you can, but equally the 'worst case' scenario isn't the end of the world :redface: Try and get some rest before they come through in the morning & we'll be here if you need any advice or (I hope!) you're able to celebrate your hard work :smile:
yeah I'm hoping too just want to pass all of them you know
Original post by Kubsyy
One word that all of us have in mind: Scared

my user name
Edit: nvm
(edited 3 years ago)
Hope everyone does well. Hope I also do well!
Original post by StudentForSQA
Hope everyone does well. Hope I also do well!

Hope you get the grades you want tomorrow! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending