The Student Room Group

How do I put my grades on my application

So I am planning to take the October exams for my D grades. I got BDD ug. But I want to apply for uni next year. When I put my grades on the application this year how would I put them because I wanna take the autumn exams. And won’t putting down the D grades make my application look bad? :/ any advice please.
Original post by Cloudiii
So I am planning to take the October exams for my D grades. I got BDD ug. But I want to apply for uni next year. When I put my grades on the application this year how would I put them because I wanna take the autumn exams. And won’t putting down the D grades make my application look bad? :/ any advice please.

You must declare all grades on your UCAS application. Your reference can explain the grades you were given - speak to whoever is writing it to ask them to make a comment about the D grades.

You would enter all of your achieved grades, and also the subjects you are sitting in August with 'pending' as the grade.

Most universities are viewing the autumn exam results as the first result, rather than a resit.
Reply 2
Original post by Charlotte's Web
You must declare all grades on your UCAS application. Your reference can explain the grades you were given - speak to whoever is writing it to ask them to make a comment about the D grades.

You would enter all of your achieved grades, and also the subjects you are sitting in August with 'pending' as the grade.

Most universities are viewing the autumn exam results as the first result, rather than a resit.

So do you think I still have a chance to apply for BCC and above courses? I’m just concerned that they will reject me if they see D’s
So do you think I still have a chance to apply for BCC and above courses? I’m just concerned that they will reject me if they see D’s

When AS Levels were more common, unis would be used to seeing (for example) a C AS grade, but an A A Level predicted grade. Or you could apply after you have your results :smile:

There is no reason why not, universities are well aware that there are major issues with the grading system this year and will take it into account. A comment in support of this from your reference would be useful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending