The Student Room Group

Fast tracking

Hi I recently failed one of my As levels and I’m planning on fast tracking psychology instead for my second year, I haven’t applied to university yet, but when I do since I haven’t got any grades for it currently, I don’t know what I’d put on the application.

If anyone has done this before could you offer me some advice please
Original post by user2412
Hi I recently failed one of my As levels and I’m planning on fast tracking psychology instead for my second year, I haven’t applied to university yet, but when I do since I haven’t got any grades for it currently, I don’t know what I’d put on the application.

On the application you'll be asked to enter all qualifications you've got and all qualifications you're taking.
List Psychology as a qualification you will be getting in summer 2021 and mark the result as pending.

Unless you are planning on applying to study psychology at university I'm not sure you'd need to do anything else. It likely won't be relevant for your personal statement and the rest of the application involved just entering qualifications and ticking / unticking boxes.

Does this help? :smile:

You will need to put any grades received in UCAS (even a U), but then also as 'pending' as above. Your teachers will give you predicted grades

Hiya, You would have to put it down any result like Interrobang said, and rely on your school to give your predicted grades, but try not to worry about the impact of having an E/U grade on your UCAS application. I failed an entire year of AS levels and ended up with EEUU, put all of those on UCAS and still ended up with offers from Birmingham and Cardiff. I wish you the best of luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
On the application you'll be asked to enter all qualifications you've got and all qualifications you're taking.
List Psychology as a qualification you will be getting in summer 2021 and mark the result as pending.

Unless you are planning on applying to study psychology at university I'm not sure you'd need to do anything else. It likely won't be relevant for your personal statement and the rest of the application involved just entering qualifications and ticking / unticking boxes.

Does this help? :smile:

Yes thank you so much 🙏🏽
Reply 5
Original post by emiloujess
Hiya, You would have to put it down any result like Interrobang said, and rely on your school to give your predicted grades, but try not to worry about the impact of having an E/U grade on your UCAS application. I failed an entire year of AS levels and ended up with EEUU, put all of those on UCAS and still ended up with offers from Birmingham and Cardiff. I wish you the best of luck :smile:

Thank you so much for your support,I’ve been so worried considering it just didn’t go that well but I’ve got a little bit more hope now x
Reply 6
Original post by Interrobang
You will need to put any grades received in UCAS (even a U), but then also as 'pending' as above. Your teachers will give you predicted grades

Thank you so much 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending