The Student Room Group

Is the hookup culture in UK similar to the US culture?

how common in hookup culture common in Uk? does it change with age?
Original post by Anonymous
how common in hookup culture common in Uk? does it change with age?

Explain hook up culture, is this about crocheting, because thats becoming very trendy and cool these days, although it used to be regarded as an old persons thing?
Reply 2
what? no. omg😂
hookup as in one night stands, sex without attachment.
People in the US have more committed relationships and they’re overall better looking than people from the UK. More girls cheat there than guys where it’s the vice versa here
People in the US have more committed relationships and they’re overall better looking than people from the UK. More girls cheat there than guys where it’s the vice versa here

the movies is not real life. they are not, trust me.
Reply 5
you won't know my ethnicity then 🌚
Reply 6

I live in the US, and from my personal experience I would disagree.
Original post by A Rolling Stone
the movies is not real life. they are not, trust me.

I have been to America, I have friends there, I have lived there and in the UK. I’m not lying lol.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
I live in the US, and from my personal experience I would disagree.

Yeah because you’re probably older so it’s a little different but for teenagers a lot of them would agree with me l know my friends do. Why do u think the hookup culture now it’s so much more normalised and more people aren’t in relationships till later on in their life for the long term. I suppose it depends how old u are and if u have Tiktok too they all say it on there too.
Reply 9
Yeah because you’re probably older so it’s a little different but for teenagers a lot of them would agree with me l know my friends do. Why do u think the hookup culture now it’s so much more normalised and more people aren’t in relationships till later on in their life for the long term. I suppose it depends how old u are and if u have Tiktok too they all say it on there too.

I am a teenager and have Tiktok :lol: Cheating has not been 'normalized' here, what a ridiculous thing to say.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Im a teenager and have Tiktok :lol: Cheating has not been 'normalized' here, what a ridiculous thing to say.

I never said that cheating was acceptable can’t u read ?
Reply 11
I never said that cheating was acceptable can’t u read ?

Ah, I thought we were still talking about cheating. My bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending