The Student Room Group

Shad's A level Antics: A Year 12 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80

And here we are! The first official post of many to come in the following year. I've finally managed to finish my stationery haul, and figured as per tradition I should post what I've purchased. Enjoy!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

For Nostalgic purposes I've added in a pic of my brand new table set-up, not too different from what it was a year ago! I'm sure plenty of long-time readers will shed a tear as they see this; it's definitely changed over a year but it'll always be the same table in our eyes. (You may now weep for added effect)
Those two books in picture one (we'll go from left to right) are the CGP Student textbooks for AQA A level biology and chemistry. It's been recommended to me by almost every friend I have in years 12 and 13 that follow the AQA specification, on top of the sixth form I'll be attending this year. I must add that they are EXTREMELY THICC. Links:

Spoiler

Picture 2 is what is yet to become my pencil case. if you notice under those paper mate pens is a transparent case I'll most probably store practically everything in. You've also got that trust bic pen and a Camo Helix Oxford Mathematical Instruments set. All yet to be scratched! Links:

Spoiler

The folders are A4 lever arch files, great quality for a lovely price. To the right of them is a file display book where I'll be storing stuff that has to do with my medical application/ucat/bmat etc. I'll make my own dividers most probably, do remind me to post em here!

Spoiler

Those Stabilo pens weren't of much use during GCSEs as many of you might recall. Only bought them during February I believe so they're still perfectly fine to use this year! Great!

Spoiler

So refill pads turned out to be the ultimate option despite me being keen on buying a ton of pukka pads. I realised with the help of @Neighbelline_ that I'll be using folders anyway. Props to her for quite a lot of advice actually! Those two books there are actually the CGP textbooks - I've covered them to ensure they don't get damaged!

Spoiler

The A level calculator, or more specifically the fx 991ex. Need to learn some tricks with this apparently but I'm sure if there's anything I'm unsure of I can ask a teacher!

Spoiler

And finally for nostalgic purposes I've attached a picture of my new table set-up. I'm sure plenty of long-time readers will shed a tear as they see this; it's definitely changed over a year but it'll always be the same table in our eyes. (You may now weep for added effect)

TAGS
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by Shadbury

And here we are! The first official post of many to come in the following year. I've finally managed to finish my stationery haul, and figured as per tradition I should post what I've purchased. Enjoy!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

For Nostalgic purposes I've added in a pic of my brand new table set-up, not too different from what it was a year ago! I'm sure plenty of long-time readers will shed a tear as they see this; it's definitely changed over a year but it'll always be the same table in our eyes. (You may now weep for added effect)
Those two books in picture one (we'll go from left to right) are the CGP Student textbooks for AQA A level biology and chemistry. It's been recommended to me by almost every friend I have in years 12 and 13 that follow the AQA specification, on top of the sixth form I'll be attending this year. I must add that they are EXTREMELY THICC. Links:

Spoiler

Picture 2 is what is yet to become my pencil case. if you notice under those paper mate pens is a transparent case I'll most probably store practically everything in. You've also got that trust bic pen and a Camo Helix Oxford Mathematical Instruments set. All yet to be scratched! Links:

Spoiler

The folders are A4 lever arch files, great quality for a lovely price. To the right of them is a file display book where I'll be storing stuff that has to do with my medical application/ucat/bmat etc. I'll make my own dividers most probably, do remind me to post em here!

Spoiler

Those Stabilo pens weren't of much use during GCSEs as many of you might recall. Only bought them during February I believe so they're still perfectly fine to use this year! Great!

Spoiler

So refill pads turned out to be the ultimate option despite me being keen on buying a ton of pukka pads. I realised with the help of @Neighbelline_ that I'll be using folders anyway. Props to her for quite a lot of advice actually! Those two books there are actually the CGP textbooks - I've covered them to ensure they don't get damaged!

Spoiler

The A level calculator, or more specifically the fx 991ex. Need to learn some tricks with this apparently but I'm sure if there's anything I'm unsure of I can ask a teacher!

Spoiler

And finally for nostalgic purposes I've attached a picture of my new table set-up. I'm sure plenty of long-time readers will shed a tear as they see this; it's definitely changed over a year but it'll always be the same table in our eyes. (You may now weep for added effect)

TAGS
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler

wow i just have folders
Reply 82
Haha alhamdulillah ty it won’t last long though

I’ll pm you

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

TAGS

Spoiler

thx for this, very useful for sixth form 😎

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

TAGS

Spoiler

the tidiness of your things is perfect omg (also i love your tiny tardis! it's so cute!) i'm using pukka refill pads for my folders (sad to think about the skeletons of pads i'll be throwing away though)
stationery :heart:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

TAGS

Spoiler

are you taking a-level maths? If so, you've got the wrong calculator smh
:danceboy: they look lovely :h:
Reply 88
Original post by absolutelysprout
stationery :heart:

Of coursssseeee 😤

Original post by laurawatt
:danceboy: they look lovely :h:

Ty lauraaa ☺️

Original post by Neighbelline_

Amelia you’re kidding right? This is THE calculator
Reply 89
Original post by bookausten
the tidiness of your things is perfect omg (also i love your tiny tardis! it's so cute!) i'm using pukka refill pads for my folders (sad to think about the skeletons of pads i'll be throwing away though)

Hey, don’t worry; I’d recommend refill pads but notes are notes - can’t risk an obsession with perfect paper when the main thing’s what’s written on it!

Tyyyyy the tardis mug may potentially be smashed into bits depending on how far behind schedule I fall oops
Reply 90
Original post by Neighbelline_

I hope he hasn't cos I got the same one for A level maths :s-smilie:
Hey, don’t worry; I’d recommend refill pads but notes are notes - can’t risk an obsession with perfect paper when the main thing’s what’s written on it!

Tyyyyy the tardis mug may potentially be smashed into bits depending on how far behind schedule I fall oops

very true! hahaha yikes, wishing you the best of luck to make sure that doesn't happen!
Original post by RyanC_
I hope he hasn't cos I got the same one for A level maths :s-smilie:

different teachers will recommend different calculators and it will vary between exam boards :smile:
You've also read When Breath Becomes Air? :awesome:
Honestly what a book.
Best of luck this year!

(I've changed my username from TakeALittleWalk to Shadbury, and this GYG won't be Peaky Blinders themed like the last one unfortunately. To any new readers check out my Year 11 GYG if you'd like https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6280010 and let me know if you'd like to be added to or removed from the tag list below!)

Work Ethic? Missing (presumed dead). Handwriting? Call it abstract art. Procrastination habits? Unsurprisingly still intact. Hotel? Trivago.

OFFICIAL POSTS
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Spoiler

Caught up in a sense of urgency and evidently fatiguing towards my GCSE exams, lockdown as a result of COVID-19 ironically swooped in as a lifeline for my deteriorating, drained self. Exams were cancelled and we were to stay at home indefinitely. What followed were six not-so-productive lovely months to wind down and relax. And. Did. I. Relax. I'm talking Netflix, Netflix, some more Netflix. Baking. Painting. Getting SWOLE. Reading! Sleeping. Some more sleeping. Making a start on AS Maths only to realise I need to capitalise on the time I have now relaxing to its fullest, followed by some more eating, sleeping and repEATing.
But regardless of all that time I've had to put my feet up, school (as always) has arrived precipitously. And whether I'm ready or not doesn't change the fact that I genuinely feel like it's about time. I've been relaxing far too long and I miss practically everything about school; the social aspects as well as education itself. Just as much as I wanna talk to my friends and catch up on the latest, I'd really like to (surprised I haven't started retching yet?) start learning again. A levels are going to be the bane of me, the new Art GCSE perhaps in the form of my chosen subjects. Here they are:

MY A LEVELS

Spoiler

MY GCSE RESULTS

Spoiler

MY GOALS FOR THE YEAR

Spoiler

(INTERESTING?) STUFF ABOUT ME

Spoiler

So tag along guys/gals and/or others on this next chapter of my journey to becoming a MEDIC. That's right! I'd like to do something different and what's more unique than the dream of an aspiring medic? All jokes aside I've wanted to be a doctor (particularly a neurosurgeon) for ages now. Since primary I believe. Reading When Breath Becomes Air only confirmed my passion for the speciality. Here's a link to it actually! Super sad yet super eye opening: https://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Breath-Becomes-Paul-Kalanithi/dp/1784701998 Medics/Aspiring Medics out there please let me know of any valuable opportunities that come up or share some advice I'm all ears!
Excluding Wednesday, which is my induction day, I'll be posting every Sunday!
Wednesday...Hold on... This Wednesday?!

Tune in for:
Pictures of how I'm organising myself for those stationaryholics out there!
My mental health - how I'm feeling or have felt throughout the week. Sixth form is known to be a very difficult couple years.
My revision, the workload, notes and experimenting with techniques.
Exams. Results. Falling behind or getting ahead.
Climbing (or most probably dropping lol) badminton England rankings.
Food. As always.
And CHOCOLATE is THE NEW THEME by the way.
So for the first time in a while I'll be starting with a brand new taglist! Just this once I think it'd be wise to tag in the Shelby Company one last time too though. Would like to reiterate please LET ME KNOW DOWN BELOW if you'd like to be added/removed.

TAGS

Spoiler

wow this seems really interesting deffo going to be watching this
Reply 95
Original post by bookausten
very true! hahaha yikes, wishing you the best of luck to make sure that doesn't happen!

And you! Stay tuned 👍🏼
Reply 96
Original post by Roses &amp
You've also read When Breath Becomes Air? :awesome:
Honestly what a book.
Best of luck this year!

Great book, nearly shed a tear at the widow’s epilogue
Reply 97
Original post by absolutelysprout
different teachers will recommend different calculators and it will vary between exam boards :smile:

Phew haha

Original post by kitkadd
wow this seems really interesting deffo going to be watching this

Thanks a lot! I’ll keep you tagged. Posts every Sunday excluding this Wednesday (induction day)
(edited 3 years ago)
Great book, nearly shed a tear at the widow’s epilogue

Same as you except I think I started getting emotional towards the end of his account, when talking about his daughter and how much joy she brought him.

And then the widow's epilogue killed me, but the moral behind the book was really strong.
Reply 99
Original post by Roses &amp
Same as you except I think I started getting emotional towards the end of his account, when talking about his daughter and how much joy she brought him.

And then the widow's epilogue killed me, but the moral behind the book was really strong.

Damnnnnn that hit hard

How he managed to write the book regardless is a feat in itself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending