The Student Room Group

Deferring university place

If I defer my university place for 2021 but decide that I want to reapply, will I be able to reject my 2021 place and reapply in the same cycle (2020-2021)?
Original post by aconstanthamlet
If I defer my university place for 2021 but decide that I want to reapply, will I be able to reject my 2021 place and reapply in the same cycle (2020-2021)?

Yeah you would be able to reject the deferred offer, but if you’re reapplying for next year, wouldn’t that be 2021-2022?
But yeah you can reapply for next year

Also is it a similar course at the same uni?
Because on results day I deferred my offer for Criminology at LJMU to 2021 and then on 28th August, I changed my mind and contacted the uni and got my course changed to Forensic Psychology
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by zz2002
Yeah you would be able to reject the deferred offer, but if you’re reapplying for next year, wouldn’t that be 2021-2022?
But yeah you can reapply for next year

Also is it a similar course at the same uni?
Because on results day I deferred my offer for Criminology at LJMU to 2021 and then on 28th August, I changed my mind and contacted the uni and got my course changed to Forensic Psychology

Basically I’m thinking of reapplying for the same course but at different universities (I changed course at an earlier point hence why I’d like to keep my options open regarding universities). So, if I defer my university place until 2021, would I not be able to reject that place in, let’s say, October so I could then reapply for 2021 in November ?
Basically I’m thinking of reapplying for the same course but at different universities (I changed course at an earlier point hence why I’d like to keep my options open regarding universities). So, if I defer my university place until 2021, would I not be able to reject that place in, let’s say, October so I could then reapply for 2021 in November ?

You can reject that place whenever. And then reapply to whatever uni you want.
Did you not try going through clearing or adjustment? Or did you want to have a gap year?

Also you can start submitting applications on ucas from 8th September if you want to reapply now
Original post by zz2002
You can reject that place whenever. And then reapply to whatever uni you want.
Did you not try going through clearing or adjustment? Or did you want to have a gap year?

Also you can start submitting applications on ucas from 8th September if you want to reapply now

I got in to my firm choice on results day but I’ve recently decided that a gap year is the best option for me. Just want to keep my options in terms of university etc as I might apply for Cambridge and a few other unis that I didn’t originally look at (I’ll be writing a new ps soon just in case I decide that’s what I’ll do in the next few weeks)
I got in to my firm choice on results day but I’ve recently decided that a gap year is the best option for me. Just want to keep my options in terms of university etc as I might apply for Cambridge and a few other unis that I didn’t originally look at (I’ll be writing a new ps soon just in case I decide that’s what I’ll do in the next few weeks)

Ohh okay, good luck!!

Ps. I’m having a gap year too loll
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6

Well good luck and deferring if you are happy to do it looks increasingly like a wise decision given the uncertainty around this year.
Original post by zz2002
Ohh okay, good luck!!

Ps. I’m having a gap year too loll

No way! Ahh gap year buddies! Do you have any plans for this year? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending