The Student Room Group

Geography NEA A Level - Title Help

So I am starting my geography a level NEA (exam board is AQA) and I am unsure of what title to use. I was hoping to do something in or around the airport since I know it well and live close, but I am unsure what I could investigate at the airport - I was thinking maybe noise pollution, not sure if that would be possible?

If anyone has any ideas or examples of titles used in NEAs before that could possibly help, I would be really grateful. Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by Plane350
So I am starting my geography a level NEA (exam board is AQA) and I am unsure of what title to use. I was hoping to do something in or around the airport since I know it well and live close, but I am unsure what I could investigate at the airport - I was thinking maybe noise pollution, not sure if that would be possible?

If anyone has any ideas or examples of titles used in NEAs before that could possibly help, I would be really grateful. Thanks in advance.

I didn't do AQA but I still have my NEA in my archives, pm me for more details
Reply 2
I would recommend having "to what extent" in the title, which allows you to create discussion and debate surrounding your investigation. What would you investigate about noise pollution? Plans to change noise pollution, the impact on birds in the local environment, local residents opinion on noise pollution? I don't see many ideas to expand upon this, but them I'm no expert.

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/geography/AQA-70373-NEA-G.PDF
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/geography/AQA-70373-NEA-C.PDF
You also need to make sure your investigation links back to the AQA specification in some way. This doesn't have to just be from the topics that you personally get taught. It can be from any of the AQA A-Level topics.

I did about regeneration and perceptions which mainly linked to changing places with a bit from contemporary urban environments (which we weren't taught).
Reply 4
Which data did you use?
Reply 5
Original post by username5243714
You also need to make sure your investigation links back to the AQA specification in some way. This doesn't have to just be from the topics that you personally get taught. It can be from any of the AQA A-Level topics.

I did about regeneration and perceptions which mainly linked to changing places with a bit from contemporary urban environments (which we weren't taught).

Hi just joining on this I’m trying to decide my title what sort of thing did you do about regeneration I looked a little about it I don’t know whether it’ll be easy enough to find info or whether I’m over thinking it and it’ll be fine.
Reply 6
Original post by The RAR
I didn't do AQA but I still have my NEA in my archives, pm me for more details

Please can you direct me to it so that I can read it? Tia
Reply 7

Hi, I'm wanting to do a similar title could you help me and give me some advice on how to start and what to include?
Reply 8
You also need to make sure your investigation links back to the AQA specification in some way. This doesn't have to just be from the topics that you personally get taught. It can be from any of the AhQA A-Level topics.

Hi, i know this is a little while later, but i have my proposal form due in soon and i want to do perceptions and safety for my nea but am having some trouble with linking it to the specification as well as knowing about contemporary urban environments as i am not being taught that. any way you could possibly share any advice and what your title and how you collected data? if you can reply asap, that would be so very helpful, please and thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest