The Student Room Group

Should I break up with my boyfriend?

I’ve been with him since January and I was head over heels at the time but now the ‘honeymoon phase’ has passed along with 6 months of limited contact I’m starting to realise I’m not entirely happy. I often say to people when his emotions make me feel upset that if it was someone else’s relationship I’d tell them to get out but I just don’t want to.

He’s obsessed with games, often says he’s “done” (his way of saying he’s going to be in a mood and refuse to play it with the possibility of saying he wants to die because of it) when a minor inconvenience occurs and has made me install loads of games which has ultimately killed my laptop and he keeps asking me to get more even though I’ve said I can’t bc my laptop can’t handle it. He keeps saying that he’s going to get me a gaming laptop when I’ve told him I don’t want or need one and wouldn’t use it. I don’t even really like games, I only play because I feel like I’m trapped when I’m on discord like I can’t do anything else.
I’ve started dodging calls and ignoring messages because he’s so needy. He wants to talk and hang out all the time but I just want some peace and quiet.
He’s had issues at home and at first I was ok helping him through it but I’m now starting to grow sick of it, realising it’s mostly his fault and wishing he’d just grow the f** up. For example his mum asks him to do the dishwasher or try’s to get him to do school work and all of a sudden “I wanna die because of what she’s done”. I appreciate that his feelings are valid and that he clearly has some depression but like you are behind on school work and making no effort to catch up of course she’s going to try and make you do it. And he refuses to see a therapist despite clearly needing it.
He has zero control of his emotions and often says “I’ll leave you alone then” when I tell him to stop tickling me or licking me because I don’t like it.
He’s also the type to think with his pp in that his hands are always wandering and he constantly asks for bj etc even if I’ve already said no and I’m just so sick of it.

In writing this I’m realising how toxic this sounds but I don’t wanna break up with him in person. I’m going to uni soon and thinking of doing it then as I will be unable to visit him.
Please someone give me advice on what to do!
Tl;dr, it is entirely upto you
fml this guy sounds like some mad adult baby,

is he fr licking you and begging for a bj????????

break it up homieeee, leave him or have a chat with him up to you
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
fml this guy sounds like some mad adult baby,

is he fr licking you and begging for a bj????????

break it up homieeee, leave him or have a chat with him up to you

Also it’s his birthday next week so I gotta wait. I’m not looking forward to seeing him for 4 hours that day at all bc I know he will beg me to stay longer. If it wasn’t for his birthday I would have already broken it off.
he's sounds very mentally unstable
lick you?:confused:
Reply 5
He sounds pathetic and too needy. If you're not comfortable or happy, then I suggest you break up with him and move on. If your interests are different and you are more mature and behave like an adult (unlike what he seems to do) when you're not compatible and you should move on.
Reply 6
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
he's sounds very mentally unstable
lick you?:confused:

Yeah like we’d be cuddling and he’d lick my face or arm 🤢
Reply 7
Idk what to say to him. Anyone wanna help me write him a break up message (yes it will be a text. Ik it’s brutal but I’ll be at uni so have no choice)
Ugh I would say wait until after his birthday to break up with him - but the way he's treating you?!! It's so wrong! I wouldn't put up with it for another SECOND. I'd drop him a long text explaining why I don't want to be with him, not asking him any questions, and just outright saying that you want to end all contact. Then block him on all social media and never speak to him again. But you have to remember, nobody on TSR is in your shoes. Do what is best for you. Maybe that would be waiting until uni begins. But I'd say be as honest as you feel you can be. He might grow up because he'll learn he can't keep a romantic partner if he stays the way he is.
Reply 9
Original post by zetasigma
Ugh I would say wait until after his birthday to break up with him - but the way he's treating you?!! It's so wrong! I wouldn't put up with it for another SECOND. I'd drop him a long text explaining why I don't want to be with him, not asking him any questions, and just outright saying that you want to end all contact. Then block him on all social media and never speak to him again. But you have to remember, nobody on TSR is in your shoes. Do what is best for you. Maybe that would be waiting until uni begins. But I'd say be as honest as you feel you can be. He might grow up because he'll learn he can't keep a romantic partner if he stays the way he is.

I got to uni 3 days after his birthday. Also I am planning on uninstalling all the games he made me install and leaving the discord servers
"You seem like a really great person, and I enjoyed meeting you so much. But, I just wanted to let you know that I did not feel comfortable with some of your behavior. It struck me as weird and disgusting and really did not sit well with me. I don’t think that we are a match. I know you are someone else’s soulmate, and I know they are out there looking for you as well.

Original post by Anonymous
Idk what to say to him. Anyone wanna help me write him a break up message (yes it will be a text. Ik it’s brutal but I’ll be at uni so have no choice)
From Hong Kong over here, and basically the situation is the same as you do and broken off with him a month ago (and one week before our "anniversary") after he's played disappearance to make me worry, and the different parts are he is instead of obsessed with games, but "composing" music and was getting quite well on GPAs. And girl you are so right when you tell others that if a partner negatively affects your emotion you have all rights to get away from this toxicity. I don't know about you, but I have depression and his emotional over-reliance over me and stuff just makes me sick. Aaand so agree with the bj part bc he always asked me to do it too (much disgust).

You're not Jesus and has no obligation to pick his **** up for him, so just fling this guy off. You deserve better. YOU DESERVE BETTER.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending