The Student Room Group

Should I leave my boyfriend so I can start again at uni?

Should I try and make long distance work? If it doesn't work then a break up right at the start of my uni life wold really throw me off track. I don't want to risk everything over a relationship.

On the other hand we're really close and happy. I'm applying as a mature student to uni and I met my boyfriend on my gap year(s). I spend most of my time at his flat and when it was thought that I wouldn't get a place on my course it was agreed I would move in with him.

We're a really good match and I don't want to leave him but if there's a chance it could go wrong anyway then why risk getting off to a bad start? I don't want to be worrying about long distance when there's a chance it could damage my grades etc
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Should I try and make long distance work? If it doesn't work then a break up right at the start of my uni life wold really throw me off track. I don't want to risk everything over a relationship.

On the other hand we're really close and happy. I'm applying as a mature student to uni and I met my boyfriend on my gap year(s). I spend most of my time at his flat and when it was thought that I wouldn't get a place on my course it was agreed I would move in with him.

We're a really good match and I don't want to leave him but if there's a chance it could go wrong anyway then why risk getting off to a bad start? I don't want to be worrying about long distance when there's a chance it could damage my grades etc

Long distance isn't something thats easy to accomplish and most of the times it'll test your relationship strength, it's mainly about trust. Being away from your loved one for so long seems painful but at the same time, it could risk you a better future. You have been with them for a while and at the end of the day it's about trust.

If both you and your partner can trust each other to not do anything behind each others backs, then long distance can work otherwise it will only get in your way if you have constantly question their loyalty.

On top of that it can lead to arguments and an unfortunate break up. Not saying that's what's gonna happen but it can, on the other hand you may choose to go uni and break up but then it'll be a big regret, even if you will be under pressure and in a new environment, so honestly, question your faith in them and ask if they have faith in you. If it seems it'll work then go for it, but I'd suggest still trying to go to uni.
Original post by Anonymous

If you are asking the question then maybe it is best to break up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending