The Student Room Group

Feel like people don’t want to be friends with me bc I’m ugly?

I can’t understand why people are not gravitating towards me? Personality wise I think I’m somewhat great and I’m definitely very open minded so why am I struggling to make friends? It has to be a looks thing surely there is such thing as pretty privilege which I don’t seem to have

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Beauty is subjective. You'll find the right people soon.
It's more likely because you have a "somewhat great personality".
Reply 3
Met up with this girl and she stopped talking to me after we met up so I can’t help but think she must think I’m unattractive and doesn’t wanna hang out with me
Reply 4
Original post by Theloniouss
It's more likely because you have a "somewhat great personality".

Nah. I don’t brag about things but I know my personality is great.
Original post by Anonymous
Met up with this girl and she stopped talking to me after we met up so I can’t help but think she must think I’m unattractive and doesn’t wanna hang out with me

Why do you immediately go to looks as the reason?
Reply 6
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
Why do you immediately go to looks as the reason?

What else could it be? It can’t be my personality, I made the most effort to talk to her and keep the conversation going whilst she was texting away on her phone the whole time
What else could it be? It can’t be my personality, I made the most effort to talk to her and keep the conversation going whilst she was texting away on her phone the whole time

Why can't it be your personality?

I know you think you have a 'great' personality but that doesn't mean people are going to like you.
Reply 8
Why can't it be your personality?

I know you think you have a 'great' personality but that doesn't mean people are going to like you.

Okay so it’s them and not me.

No, it could very well be you.
No, it could very well be you

Okay elaborate then

:laugh:
Okay elaborate then

It could be you, just because someone doesn't like you doesn't mean the problem is with them by default.
It could be you, just because someone doesn't like you doesn't mean the problem is with them by default.

Yes and I’m asking you how exactly is it me? Is it my personality, my looks, my race/ethnicity? Because you don’t just not ‘like’ someone if you don’t even know them
Are you at university or school?
Yes and I’m asking you how exactly is it me? Is it my personality, my looks, my race/ethnicity? Because you don’t just not ‘like’ someone if you don’t even know them

How would I know how it's you?

These people might have just stopped talking to you because they didn't like what they saw and decided not to pursue any further interaction.

You seem to be avoiding the possibility it's you in favour of far-reaching claims that the people you interact with are either shallow or racist.
How would I know how it's you?

These people might have just stopped talking to you because they didn't like what they saw and decided not to pursue any further interaction.

You seem to be avoiding the possibility it's you in favour of far-reaching claims that the people you interact with are either shallow or racist.

They could well be...shallow and racist people do exist
Are you at university or school?

University
There is a pretty privilege. more so for women than men. however just because you're not attractive doesn't mean that's the reason people won't be friends with you.
They could well be...shallow and racist people do exist

That's not relevant, the point is you jump to conclusions it's them and not you, not only that but you even go so far as to attack their character if they don't like you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending