The Student Room Group

Teachers

I got told off for not taking my jacket off at college. The teacher said coats off so I thought I’m wearing a jacket so left it on then she said coats off again looking at me so I said this is a jacket. She still was asking me to take it off but I didn’t because it was freezing and I had a shirt under my jacket so my arms would have been freezing. It’s just she was making it into a big thing, she said coats off, a jacket isn’t a coat ffs. Now I’m in trouble. I mean that’s teachers for you
Original post by Anonymous
I got told off for not taking my jacket off at college. The teacher said coats off so I thought I’m wearing a jacket so left it on then she said coats off again looking at me so I said this is a jacket. She still was asking me to take it off but I didn’t because it was freezing and I had a shirt under my jacket so my arms would have been freezing. It’s just she was making it into a big thing, she said coats off, a jacket isn’t a coat ffs. Now I’m in trouble. I mean that’s teachers for you

If you’re in college you can wear what you want lmao that teacher needs to chill out
Reply 2
If you’re in college you can wear what you want lmao that teacher needs to chill out

I mean when we entered the classroom they said coats off which is fair enough but a jacket is fine
Grow up. Did you use your words to explain you were cold as opposed to just ignoring her instructions? And I would take it as very cheeky if a student replied by saying 'it's a jacket'. Jacket, coat - same essential thing. Listen to your teacher or explain how you're feeling to them and maybe you'll avoid getting into trouble.
Reply 4
Original post by Truflais
Grow up. Did you use your words to explain you were cold as opposed to just ignoring her instructions? And I would take it as very cheeky if a student replied by saying 'it's a jacket'. Jacket, coat - same essential thing. Listen to your teacher or explain how you're feeling to them and maybe you'll avoid getting into trouble.

Yes I said I’m freezing, what would you do in my situation probably the same thing
Reply 5
'Jacket' can be used to describe a lot of things; what sort of jscket is it? Pea jacket, blouson, suit jacket?

But you know the rules, so if you're wearing an outdoor item.in the classroom, rethink your wardrobe and wear a hoody or jumper that you can keep on. How will.you cope in the real world of work if you dismiss the rules now? That's part of what wearing uniforms and dress standards teach you, some discipline.
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
'Jacket' can be used to describe a lot of things; what sort of jscket is it? Pea jacket, blouson, suit jacket?

But you know the rules, so if you're wearing an outdoor item.in the classroom, rethink your wardrobe and wear a hoody or jumper that you can keep on. How will.you cope in the real world of work if you dismiss the rules now? That's part of what wearing uniforms and dress standards teach you, some discipline.

Attachment not found
Something similar to this
Grow up and deal with it.
Yeah teachers' rules are annoying sometimes, but it's something every single student in the country has experienced and will always experience. It's really not a serious problem, just listen to the rules next time, or don't and expect to get told off.
Reply 8
Attachment not found
Something similar to this

I wouldn't expect someone to wear that inside at college if the rule is 'no coats'.
Reply 9
Original post by Surnia
I wouldn't expect someone to wear that inside at college if the rule is 'no coats'.

It’s not a coat
invest in a jumper or cardie.
Original post by the bear
invest in a jumper or cardie.

She probably would say take that off
I know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending