The Student Room Group

Autumn exam content can’t remember anything

Hi guys, so I’ve worked really hard in trying to revise for these autumn exams since lockdown started because I was already planning on taking a gap year and retaking exams and stuff. So I was pretty much revising the whole of quarantine. But I opened my papers up a few days ago and I don’t remember anything like I freeze and forget everything so it’s like I have to start from scratch all over again. I’m a very quick learner but the content doesn’t stay in long term, but yesterday I found a new revision technique that actually helps and I think it will help me memorise content to store in my long term memory as well so I’m happy. However I take maths bio and chem and my first chem test is in 4 days. Do you think I could go overall of alevel chem in 4 days? Bearing in mind I am a very quick learner?
Reply 1
In 4 days? That's a small time frame imo (even for a quick learner). However, that said, it's better than not doing anything.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys, so I’ve worked really hard in trying to revise for these autumn exams since lockdown started because I was already planning on taking a gap year and retaking exams and stuff. So I was pretty much revising the whole of quarantine. But I opened my papers up a few days ago and I don’t remember anything like I freeze and forget everything so it’s like I have to start from scratch all over again. I’m a very quick learner but the content doesn’t stay in long term, but yesterday I found a new revision technique that actually helps and I think it will help me memorise content to store in my long term memory as well so I’m happy. However I take maths bio and chem and my first chem test is in 4 days. Do you think I could go overall of alevel chem in 4 days? Bearing in mind I am a very quick learner?

Yes because you're not learning from scratch but experience
Reply 3
Original post by gtty123
In 4 days? That's a small time frame imo (even for a quick learner). However, that said, it's better than not doing anything.

Oh ok the lowest I need for my course is all B’s but the highest is A*AB/AAB and I’ve already got a B in maths for the CAG
Reply 4
Original post by Kira.s
Yes because you're not learning from scratch but experience

Thank you so much for those motivational words, it makes me feel a lot better! I’m aiming for an A*AB/AAB. A* being in Biology which I’ve done quite a lot of work with the past two days. But the lowest one of my course needs is BBB, I’ve already got a B in maths from my CAG’s, do you think if I work super hard in Bio and Chem I can get an A?
Reply 5
Oh ok the lowest I need for my course is all B’s but the highest is A*AB/AAB and I’ve already got a B in maths for the CAG

It could be possible (considering you've learnt the content before, and this is just practice).
Reply 6
Original post by gtty123
It could be possible (considering you've learnt the content before, and this is just practice).

Yayy thank youu
Reply 7
Yayy thank youu

No worries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending