The Student Room Group

Unfair

I think it is so unfair that people can't stay over their partners house or date at the moment. I like this girl but I haven't been able to tell her I like her yet and even if I did what would be the point because I would not be able to kiss her or spend the night at her home

Scroll to see replies

assuming your talking about new lockdown rules

i don't know about anyone else but where i'm from people could honestly give less ****s
Reply 2
Original post by Ray_Shadows
assuming your talking about new lockdown rules

i don't know about anyone else but where i'm from people could honestly give less ****s

Yeah but I wouldn't be able to spend the night with her or be able to kiss her as it is breaking the law. My stepsister is on holiday with her boyfriend at the moment and she lives with him but I wouldn't be able to
Original post by lovestudent
Yeah but I wouldn't be able to spend the night with her or be able to kiss her as it is breaking the law. My stepsister is on holiday with her boyfriend at the moment and she lives with him but I wouldn't be able to

mmm i hardly doubt anyone would kick up a fuss to report you (unless you live around some really *****y people)

and i really doubt the police are monitoring who goes to whose house
Reply 4
Yep, its definitely worth risking someone's life for a kiss, isnt it now...

In the nicest way possible, life is not always fair. Its just something you have to learn to deal with.
As a single guy from Scotland l am allowed to ask a girl to my home and she can stay if she wanted to and we can snog all night and day thats the scottish Government rules
Reply 6
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Yep, its definitely worth risking someone's life for a kiss, isnt it now...

In the nicest way possible, life is not always fair. Its just something you have to learn to deal with.

Yeah but how long is this going to last for.
Reply 7
I don't live alone though. I live with my parents, she is at uni and lives with her parents as well
Reply 8
Can hotels stop you from sharing with someone you don't live with. I could just say they live with me and they would have no idea :biggrin:
Can hotels stop you from sharing with someone you don't live with. I could just say they live with me and they would have no idea :biggrin:

The hotel staff will call the police and you have to pay by Bankcard and give your home details and your date of birth and mobile number l went for a haircut and they took my mobile number and full name its for track and trace
I think it is so unfair that people can't stay over their partners house or date at the moment. I like this girl but I haven't been able to tell her I like her yet and even if I did what would be the point because I would not be able to kiss her or spend the night at her home

There are a few steps before that.

The virus doesn't care about what is fair. How many people should die just to stop you complaining?
She is not your partner yet so how can you date her you have not even asked her out yet
Tin cat alley cats lol
Reply 13
As ‘unfair’ as it may be, there are people who are hospitalised and can’t have visitors. I worked a COVID ward last night and it’s horrendous that you can be so ill or struggling mentally and still deprived of connections with family and friends.

Not being able to tell someone you like them is a very small issue in the grand scheme of things. You’re also not ‘banned’ from dating. Just be sensible.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 14

The rules on social distancing don't stop you from telling a girl you like her!

But you are getting ahead of yourself assuming she'll like you back and want you to stop the night. If she wanted to date, there's plenty of getting to know her first before what you are thinking about.
Original post by Surnia
The rules on social distancing don't stop you from telling a girl you like her!

But you are getting ahead of yourself assuming she'll like you back and want you to stop the night. If she wanted to date, there's plenty of getting to know her first before what you are thinking about.

Well she is the only one who got me a box of chocolates after I had a operation so yes I do think she likes me. But how on earth can you go on dates if your not allowed anywhere with someone you like/allowed to get close or allowed to stay overnight together
Reply 16
Original post by student4559
Well she is the only one who got me a box of chocolates after I had a operation so yes I do think she likes me. But how on earth can you go on dates if your not allowed anywhere with someone you like/allowed to get close or allowed to stay overnight together

If it turns out you like each other that much you'll respect the rules and do what is allowed to keep each other and your families and friends safe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending