The Student Room Group

Breakup

Me and my gf of 4 years broke up back in Feb/March - spoke a few times after but ultimately i ended up doing NC from June - Oct. I reached out couple weeks back and had a good convo w her

Reached out again Saturday night and in the middle of talking she just ignored my message and never replied? I get she was out w her friend for drinks but a bit weird? Should I give her more space?
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah, you should give her some space. I'm sure she'll answer back when she's ready.
Original post by sunny.side.up
Yeah, you should give her some space. I'm sure she'll answer back when she's ready.

Thank you for getting back to me, I appreciate it!! Is there any particular reason she never replied? I’ve heard a million diff things from people as to why she never replied back but she hasn’t been on a single date since we broke up or met any new guys or even replies back to any DMs she gets (her mate is my mate so she told me)

I would understand if she didn't want to talk to me by being clear and ignoring my first message but its just frustrating her ignoring me mid convo
Original post by Younggerry
Thank you for getting back to me, I appreciate it!! Is there any particular reason she never replied? I’ve heard a million diff things from people as to why she never replied back but she hasn’t been on a single date since we broke up or met any new guys or even replies back to any DMs she gets (her mate is my mate so she told me)

I would understand if she didn't want to talk to me by being clear and ignoring my first message but its just frustrating her ignoring me mid convo

Yes I would give her some space. She clearly doesn’t currently want to talk to you for what ever reason she thinks fits. When she is ready she’ll come to you. Remember that you are two differant people. Who knows why she stopped but there is clearly something she personally feels. Maybe she’s not ready to have you back in her life? Maybe she doesn’t want to talk? Maybe she forgot to reply? Maybe she thinks it’s to soon/quick? Maybe she worth’s you’re catching feelings once again for her? Maybe she doesn’t want a relationship and she feels you do? Who knows? It could be many things. Giver her space and time and if she wants to talk she knows you are there :smile:))))

Your welcome love. :hugs: I mean, I'm not sure. There could be a list of reasons.
Original post by EllieroseFarmer
Yes I would give her some space. She clearly doesn’t currently want to talk to you for what ever reason she thinks fits. When she is ready she’ll come to you. Remember that you are two differant people. Who knows why she stopped but there is clearly something she personally feels. Maybe she’s not ready to have you back in her life? Maybe she doesn’t want to talk? Maybe she forgot to reply? Maybe she thinks it’s to soon/quick? Maybe she worth’s you’re catching feelings once again for her? Maybe she doesn’t want a relationship and she feels you do? Who knows? It could be many things. Giver her space and time and if she wants to talk she knows you are there :smile:))))

It could literally be a million things i agree! Do you agree w the fact that i think if she didn't want to talk she wouldn't have even replied in the first place, she's that type of person. I thought she was also too scared to open back up to me again, that was my instant thought (even tho it was a v v v casual convo we were having)
Your welcome love. :hugs: I mean, I'm not sure. There could be a list of reasons.

Yeah i guess its stupid of me to ask that haha. It makes it an impossible situation due to the fact that in 2017 we "broke up" when she blocked me on everything because she misinterpreted one of my tweets but in that week we broke up, she missed me a LOT (even told me this personally) but she didn't reach out once, she waited for me to reach out :////////////
It could literally be a million things i agree! Do you agree w the fact that i think if she didn't want to talk she wouldn't have even replied in the first place, she's that type of person. I thought she was also too scared to open back up to me again, that was my instant thought (even tho it was a v v v casual convo we were having)

To some extent I agree. She could have really wanted to talk to you in the first place but as it went on maybe she realised it wouldn’t be healthy for her or she just didn’t want to anymore.

If it’s meant to be she will come back. Don’t lose hope :smile:))))
To some extent I agree. She could have really wanted to talk to you in the first place but as it went on maybe she realised it wouldn’t be healthy for her or she just didn’t want to anymore.

If it’s meant to be she will come back. Don’t lose hope :smile:))))

Yeah i agree, the convo really wasn't riveting, it was a casual convo about corona and about me, which was probably boring for her idk

shall i give her a lot of space for now before even thinking of messaging her? personally i don't think she's interested in meeting any new guys or anything, we're both 25 so our relationship was serious

(Also thank you so much i appreciate this so much x)
Yeah i guess its stupid of me to ask that haha. It makes it an impossible situation due to the fact that in 2017 we "broke up" when she blocked me on everything because she misinterpreted one of my tweets but in that week we broke up, she missed me a LOT (even told me this personally) but she didn't reach out once, she waited for me to reach out :////////////

Ughh I'm sorry to hear about that. :console: Don't worry about it, it will turn out the way its supposed to.
Ughh I'm sorry to hear about that. :console: Don't worry about it, it will turn out the way its supposed to.

haha don't be sorry, its part and parcel of relationships! She is v hard to read which is what makes it so hard! Do i wait for her to message me or try again in a couple months time to see where her head is at? :frown:
haha don't be sorry, its part and parcel of relationships! She is v hard to read which is what makes it so hard! Do i wait for her to message me or try again in a couple months time to see where her head is at? :frown:

I'd just leave it be. See if she replys back.
I'd just leave it be. See if she replys back.

Yep, sounds good :smile: i don't think she's interested in other guys but if she doesn't reply, then do i pop up?
Yep, sounds good :smile: i don't think she's interested in other guys but if she doesn't reply, then do i pop up?

If you feel like you need to.
If you feel like you need to.

I mean i just think if she waits for me message first and im doing the same, itll never get anywhere right?
I mean i just think if she waits for me message first and im doing the same, itll never get anywhere right?

I guess. Whatever you think is best.
Yeah i agree, the convo really wasn't riveting, it was a casual convo about corona and about me, which was probably boring for her idk

shall i give her a lot of space for now before even thinking of messaging her? personally i don't think she's interested in meeting any new guys or anything, we're both 25 so our relationship was serious

(Also thank you so much i appreciate this so much x)

No problem 😊😊

Has it always been you starting the convo? If you feel it in your gut and your heart to message her then I would if the same happens again then you wait for her to and get on with your life. Just cause she’s not talking to any other guys doesn’t automatically mean she’s available to get with. If you think a relationship with her is what you want with her then fight for her, as long as you are confident she likes you as well but if you get decide to message her once more and she ignores then I think you have an answer. And who’s to say that her ignoring you wasn’t an accident??

I’d take some time to think about your next step before you plunge straight in.

Now that I know a bit more of your relationship and the fact if your age, I think this comment might be more helpful xx
No problem 😊😊

Has it always been you starting the convo? If you feel it in your gut and your heart to message her then I would if the same happens again then you wait for her to and get on with your life. Just cause she’s not talking to any other guys doesn’t automatically mean she’s available to get with. If you think a relationship with her is what you want with her then fight for her, as long as you are confident she likes you as well but if you get decide to message her once more and she ignores then I think you have an answer. And who’s to say that her ignoring you wasn’t an accident??

I’d take some time to think about your next step before you plunge straight in.

Now that I know a bit more of your relationship and the fact if your age, I think this comment might be more helpful xx

:smile: :smile:

Yes it has! I think she is a v prideful person so she doesn't message first! Honestly im not sure if i should or not, she replies normally but i always end the convo first (couple weeks ago, i ended it; i was off out so after a brief convo i told her im off out and talk another time)

haha yes i know but i mean it means she's not completely over me? and yes i do believe we're not done! I think its little things like whenever we speak, she updates her WhatsApp picture and it happens every time we speak! (its the only social media i have her on anymore)

Hmmmm maybe, could've been an accident but most likely not! Personally i just thought she didn't want to be hurt again so she pushed me away as she always does when people hurt her

you're honestly a star!xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending