The Student Room Group

LNAT 2021 - what did you think?

If you’ve taken the LNAT for 2021 admission, post how you think it went.. I’ll start and update scores/outcomes as they happen

Date Taken: October 9th, 2020
How it went: I thought the multiple choice was OK, I got through all the questions with a little time left at the end. I lost the plot half way through the essay - honestly no real idea how I scored.
Applied to: Oxford, Durham (unconditional offer received), Glasgow, UCL, LSE.

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to anyone who hasn't done their LNAT!

LNAT Date taken- October 12th 2020
How it went: honestly never know with LNAT multiple choice but fingers crossed. The essay qs were harder than expected so I took quite a bit of time choosing the least hardest but I persevered even though the unis I'm applying for LNAT don't consider the essay too much.
Applied to: KCL, LSE, Southampton (offer received AAB) , Warwick (offer received AAA), City (offer received BBC)
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi guys,

I have my LNAT exam booked for the 19th December, any tips or advice?

Do you guys remember the essay questions you had? I'm doing essay practise and would really appreciate more titles to answer, especially if they were considered difficult.
Reply 3
we actually aren’t allowed to tell people the essays we got, it makes it pretty clear at the start how confidential it is :smile:
Reply 4
Date Taken: 6th Nov 2020
How it went: I thought the passages were easier to read and grasp hold of compared to others I practiced but the options for answers were all very similar so idk how I did, finished section A with 2mins to check over them so I’m unsure :// the essay questions were alright I think, much better than I expected, it was around 500 words so quite short :/
My school are still doing my references but I want my application sent off ASAP😣
Applied to: KCL, QMUL, SOAS, Brunel and Royal Holloway
Date taken: 19th Oct 2020
How it went: honestly have no idea how well I did for the MC section (my marks fluctuate a lot), also I didn't have enough time to complete my essay and was cut mid-sentence (I wrote about 550 words). Have been thinking about this non-stop, I wonder how much this will affect my holistic application. I'd say the other components of my application are quite pleasant, I'm an international student from HK, my PGs translate to A*A*A* and I think my personal statement was finely written as well. I'm really worried that my LNAT will screw me up.
Applied to: LSE, UCL, KCL, Durham and Warwick
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
I just had mine today, 23 November and I honestly don’t know how to feel. Section A was somehow the answers were pretty similar and I thankfully answered Evrytging however I really don’t know how I did. For the essay part I gave a basic answer, the options were hard to come up with answers on the spot.
How long did it take you guys to get offers from your university’s after the LNAT
Hi,
Had my LNAT Thursday . The multiple choice questions were ok, all the passages were really long though when I was expecting a mixture. There was only 1 or 2 that I found really difficult.

The essay questions were great! I even remembered some statistics so I was very happy with that. Although I only managed to SPAG check about half the essay😕 but I did try to keep track as I was going along

I applied to KCL LSE and UCL for LNAT unis
Original post by Skaur738
Date taken: November 3rd, 2020
How it went: the multiple choice was ok but, I had no time to review any of the answers at the end. The essay started okay but, I struggled to choose and plan a suitable question and thus, miscalculated the time and was cut of mid sentence in my conclusion. I have no idea of how well it actually went.
Applied to: KCL, Bristol, Royal Holloway, Bath and UWE.
Good luck to anyone who is yet to sit the exam!

You applied to do law at Bath?? I checked on their website and couldn’t find law
Reply 9
Good luck to the people doing the LNAT!

Date Taken - October 14th, 2020
How it went - I actually enjoyed the essay, managed to form a coherent structure and argument and it turned out fine. However, I'm very worried about my multiple choice question performance. Won't say anything else but by golly these were hard this year. The unis I'm applying to also expect pretty high results so we'll see in how it turned out in January.:rolleyes:
Applied to - Oxford, Queen's (conditional offer, AAA), UEA (conditional offer, BBB), Birbeck (conditional, AAB) and SOAS.
sat my LNAT today on the 16th of december! applied to glasgow, edi, strathclyde, and dundee. feel like i found it too easy and idk if that’s good or bad. feeling good about the essay
Reply 11
Date: 16th December
How it went: think it went ok but not too sure. Essay was good.
Unis applied to: Manchester, exeter, KCL, Nottingham and Cambridge
(edited 3 years ago)
Date: 17th DecemberHow I think it went: I can’t really tell, I wasn’t 100% sure with any of the MCQ but the essay was good I liked the question Unis applied: UCL, Bristol, Exeter (offer AAA) Birmingham (offer AAA) UEA (offer AAB)
Reply 13
Does anyone know how well respected/ranked exeter is for law? And in general as a uni?
Reply 14
I just sat my LNAT today date: December 19thI really enjoyed the essay question I wrote about 650- 700 words, I went in an odd direction with it but I'm pleased overall. The multiple choice is hard to tell, there were 2 passages that I found extremely difficult and I had a couple of guesses. So it will be interesting to see what I end up getting in that.Applied to: Glasgow, Sussex (2 offers received there) and Brighton.
LNAT Yesterday: 19th December
Multiple choice: was quite decent, a few guesses but the extracts were understandable. Nowhere near as hard as the arbitio practice test
Essay: I was lucky, the essay I did was similar to a practice essay I've done before, so it went quite well, and I had a lot to say.
Applied to: KCL (Politics, Philosophy and law), Cambridge (Philosophy- interviewed), Exeter (philosophy) , Warwick (Politics, philosophy and law BA) and St Andrews (Philosophy)
Hi! Here's my LNAT experience.

Date Taken: October 5th, 2020
How it went: Hard to tell. Multiple choice was pretty tough, I vacillated between two answers on quite a lot of questions. The essay, however, went well and I enjoyed the questions I got for it
Applied to: Oxford (interviewed), Durham, Glasgow. Also applied to Leeds (offer of one A at advanced higher) and Newcastle (offer of AA)
Original post by klasskaitlyn
LNAT Yesterday: 19th December
Multiple choice: was quite decent, a few guesses but the extracts were understandable. Nowhere near as hard as the arbitio practice test
Essay: I was lucky, the essay I did was similar to a practice essay I've done before, so it went quite well, and I had a lot to say.
Applied to: KCL (Politics, Philosophy and law), Cambridge (Philosophy- interviewed), Exeter (philosophy) , Warwick (Politics, philosophy and law BA) and St Andrews (Philosophy)

this was exactly my experience! i did so badly on my arbitio tests tho :frown:
What was the essay questions? And did you guys think that Arbitio worth the subscription?
Original post by african_sunset
What was the essay questions? And did you guys think that Arbitio worth the subscription?

we aren’t allowed to discuss the questions :frown:( i’d say arbitio was worth it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending