The Student Room Group

Cgp, own notes, premade notes

Hello,

Id like to know which is ideally the most effective: Using Cgp revision guides (so not making notes), premade notes from Physics and Maths tutor or save my exams, or making my own notes from a textbook?

Thank you
There is no right or wrong answer to this. It depends on you and you alone.

If you’re talking about GCSEs, personally I just read the CGP, but that’s how I learn and it’s not for everyone. Most of my friends liked to make their own notes and don’t learn just by reading the book. It depends entirely on the person.

If you’re at A level, however, I wouldn’t recommend the CGP books as they tend to miss out information, in an effort to condense it. I read my textbooks, but I would make my own notes from the spec if you know that the reading won’t work for you.
Original post by Ileenileen
Hello,

Id like to know which is ideally the most effective: Using Cgp revision guides (so not making notes), premade notes from Physics and Maths tutor or save my exams, or making my own notes from a textbook?

Thank you

Hey @Ileenileen!

I would personally say making your own notes is probably best - as this way you are going through the content and consolidating it into something that makes sense for you. You could however look at different sources to make your notes - eg textbooks, revision guide and pre-made notes.
You are also effectively revising whilst you're making the notes.

I hope this helps!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
Physics and maths tutor!!
Reply 4
i personally use physicsandmathstutor premade notes but quickly look over the cgp textbook and spec if you feel like there's any gaps in you knowledge.

i like to make flashcards off of these instead of rewriting every single thing.
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hey @Ileenileen!

I would personally say making your own notes is probably best - as this way you are going through the content and consolidating it into something that makes sense for you. You could however look at different sources to make your notes - eg textbooks, revision guide and pre-made notes.
You are also effectively revising whilst you're making the notes.

I hope this helps!

Thank you! By the way, does this apply to GCSE or a levels?
Original post by Ileenileen
Thank you! By the way, does this apply to GCSE or a levels?

Hey!

I would say it applies for both :smile:
You could even use this technique at uni too as long - starting now will make it easier to consolidate your knowledge at uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending