The Student Room Group

BTEC Health And Social Care Level 3 Study Group 2020/2021

Hi guys

Welcome to the BTEC Health And Social Care Study Group

I thought I would set up a general study support group for all students taking BTEC Health And Social Care this year. This is a place to chat to other students about the subject, ask for help for any specific questions or to share any resources you've found that are super helpful!

Depending on what you all find most useful, we may link out to individual unit study groups. Let us know what you would find most useful, and we will try our best to set it up

Specifications

Scroll to see replies

Links to units that I've explained about

Note: This is for the Person BTEC Health and Social Care (2016) Specification

Unit 4: Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care
Unit 5: Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
Unit 7: Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care
Unit 8: Promoting Public Health
Unit 11: Psychological Perspectives
Unit 12: Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs
Unit 14: Physiological Disorders and Their Care
Unit 18: Assessing Children’s Development Support Needs

Feel free to share

Feel free to request any other units you would like me to add (normally, if there's an increase number of people asking for support on a certain unit I haven't done I would add it here)

This is a thread to any BTEC Health and Social Care students who need support, we can answer them here :h:
(edited 3 years ago)
@brainzistheword or @Hazelly is it possible to pin this thread, as there's an increase in the number of H&S care student needing support on TSR and I think it will a good idea to do it in one thread
Original post by Starlight15
@brainzistheword or @Hazelly is it possible to pin this thread, as there's an increase in the number of H&S care student needing support on TSR and I think it will a good idea to do it in one thread

This is a great thread! I've stickied it for you and hopefully it'll help people spot it :smile:

I'll make sure to point people in this direction if I see H&S queries :h:
Hi! Just noticed this thread :smile:

I was setting up a general study group thread for Health and Social care -> here

Shall we merge them together, happy for you to stay as the first poster :biggrin:
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi! Just noticed this thread :smile:

I was setting up a general study group thread for Health and Social care -> here

Shall we merge them together, happy for you to stay as the first poster :biggrin:

Yes please! That would be great :biggrin:
Original post by Starlight15
Yes please! That would be great :biggrin:

All sorted I think :smile:
Sorry just seen this thread too! Looks pretty useful and I'm doing HSC too :biggrin:
How is everyone doing with their coursework and exams coming?
Original post by Hazelly
How is everyone doing with their coursework and exams coming?

I’m struggling like a lotttt, I only see my teachers once a week face to face & once through zoom😭
what is an example of tiredness?
Original post by 017038.bibi

1) being anemic
2) lack of sleep
3) underlying health problems - can be any number of health problems cause it
4) over working
5) boredum
6) lack of excersing or to much of it to,
7) medications can cause tiredness
8) constant driving

And this from a qualified midwife ok as list is endless because there's so much that can actually cause tiredness which sometimes after investigation still can't say .
Original post by 017038.bibi

Original post by Tracey_W
1) being anemic
2) lack of sleep
3) underlying health problems - can be any number of health problems cause it
4) over working
5) boredum
6) lack of excersing or to much of it to,
7) medications can cause tiredness
8) constant driving

And this from a qualified midwife ok as list is endless because there's so much that can actually cause tiredness which sometimes after investigation still can't say .

Just to let you know I moved this into our Health and Social care study group as I thought the question and answer could be helpful to others :smile:
Hope you don't mind the intervening of a Level 2 Student. Might slide in from time-to-time so excuse my presence...
Original post by Anonymous.__
I’m struggling like a lotttt, I only see my teachers once a week face to face & once through zoom😭

Oh no, what are you struggling with? :hugs:
Original post by Lennon51
Hope you don't mind the intervening of a Level 2 Student. Might slide in from time-to-time so excuse my presence...

That's okay! I did level 2 HSC too, how are you finding it?
Original post by Hazelly
That's okay! I did level 2 HSC too, how are you finding it?

Relatively pleasant. I'm re-taking GCSE English, so both are an opportunity to gain a foot-stance in the direction I want to pursue for my future so relatively, I have no concerns. I must ask though, was your course laid out in tasks for each topic?
Thinking of doing it next year is it hard? Tell me more.
Original post by tinygirl96
Thinking of doing it next year is it hard? Tell me more.

im currently doing btec health and social level 3 alongisde 2 other a levels. It is a good chilling subject. It is not hard at all but make sure not to fall behind and keep up with it if your aiming for distinctions in the subject. I am enjoying it so far and considering to either go into that career or something to do with finance but if you enjoy it, i recommend it.
Original post by Hazelly
Oh no, what are you struggling with? :hugs:

The fact that I barely see my teachers because our 6th form college has been split up due to COVID we’re in bubbles, but I’m kind of alright now I feel like I was just having a bad day that day. I felt like I was falling behind but I’m actually on track if not maybe even ahead. I just needed to make a schedule and write and plan everything ahead, thought planning and writing things down was overrated & a waste of time but it actually really helps! ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending