The Student Room Group

i messed up around my crush

Today I had really bad anxiety and struggled to attend any of my lectures at Uni because someone in my family is very unwell. I’ve had a crush on this girl for the last two months though and she is very shy as where I’m usually confident. We went on a date just before lockdown and she’s kept in touch since lockdown. She’s definitely more confident on text than face to face. Due to my anxiety, I was walking into a building where she’s walking out. She smiled and awkwardly stopped: “Oh hey”. She clearly stood to try start conversation but my anxiety got the better of me so I just went “Sup”, hid my face in my hoodie and walked inside. She walked away afterwards but then a few minutes later, I saw her walking past me and she smiled again but kept walking to her lecture (same as me). I followed for 5-10 seconds until I felt panicky and ran the other way. She noticed. I skipped that lecture and now I’m regretting it as all our lectures go online the rest of this semester. She’s likely not in any of my modules next and the last time I saw her will have been today... Something could have happened if it weren’t for my anxiety. I don’t know what to do or if I should contact her...
Reply 1
Original post by Official Bedhead
Today I had really bad anxiety and struggled to attend any of my lectures at Uni because someone in my family is very unwell. I’ve had a crush on this girl for the last two months though and she is very shy as where I’m usually confident. We went on a date just before lockdown and she’s kept in touch since lockdown. She’s definitely more confident on text than face to face. Due to my anxiety, I was walking into a building where she’s walking out. She smiled and awkwardly stopped: “Oh hey”. She clearly stood to try start conversation but my anxiety got the better of me so I just went “Sup”, hid my face in my hoodie and walked inside. She walked away afterwards but then a few minutes later, I saw her walking past me and she smiled again but kept walking to her lecture (same as me). I followed for 5-10 seconds until I felt panicky and ran the other way. She noticed. I skipped that lecture and now I’m regretting it as all our lectures go online the rest of this semester. She’s likely not in any of my modules next and the last time I saw her will have been today... Something could have happened if it weren’t for my anxiety. I don’t know what to do or if I should contact her...

Message her and explain it all to her. Come clean about your anxiety and she will understand.
There is only one person with good advice on here, and as much as I hate to say it—that person would be @Rufus the red.
Original post by Gillzy
Message her and explain it all to her. Come clean about your anxiety and she will understand.

How do I explain it through a message without sounding weird?
What do I text though?
Original post by Official Bedhead
How do I explain it through a message without sounding weird?

You see that’s when you have to NOT be yourself if you don’t want to mess up.
Lol jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkj but really @Rufus the red has good advice.
Original post by Anonymous
You see that’s when you have to NOT be yourself if you don’t want to mess up.
Lol jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkj but really @Rufus the red has good advice.

Original post by Anonymous
There is only one person with good advice on here, and as much as I hate to say it—that person would be @Rufus the red.

If you're going to pointlessly tag me, please, use proper grammar.
Sorry about before. I’m having a tough time because my ***** is ill and I’m really worried. I’m now stressing out because I was rude to you and I didn’t mean to be

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending