The Student Room Group

New language

Hi I’m looking to learn a new language, preferably in 7-8 months
I’ve downloaded Duolingo, if you’ve used it or have any recommendations for me, please let me know! Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Flashcards and notes for sure
Omfg 😂 you're acc going to learn a new language?
What language are you planning on learning? Duolingo, seriously ?😆
Grrr, you also got more badges than me, unfair lmao
Reply 4
Original post by gracieee16
Omfg 😂 you're acc going to learn a new language?
What language are you planning on learning? Duolingo, seriously ?😆

Spanish :3
Original post by AllGrade999999
Hi I’m looking to learn a new language, preferably in 7-8 months
I’ve downloaded Duolingo, if you’ve used it or have any recommendations for me, please let me know! Thanks

Memrise!
Reply 6
Original post by beachpanda
Memrise!

Can you review it for me pls?

Like what are the pros and cons
Can you review it for me pls?

Like what are the pros and cons

Great for idioms, colloquialisms and phrases that you're more likely to hear in conversation. Duolingo focuses on grammar so Memrise helps push your conversational skills forward a little. Also (not sure if for Spanish but it does for German) has videos of locals on the street saying those phrases in varying accents. They also have a Tiktok style feed of short videos uploaded over lockdown in the app. I'd use it alongside Duolingo for your first couple of months learning. Then hit the grammar books alongside after a couple of months. I've never paid for Memrise so not sure if the pro features are worth it or not.
Spanish :3

Qué bueno 😂
Reply 9
Original post by beachpanda
Great for idioms, colloquialisms and phrases that you're more likely to hear in conversation. Duolingo focuses on grammar so Memrise helps push your conversational skills forward a little. Also (not sure if for Spanish but it does for German) has videos of locals on the street saying those phrases in varying accents. They also have a Tiktok style feed of short videos uploaded over lockdown in the app. I'd use it alongside Duolingo for your first couple of months learning. Then hit the grammar books alongside after a couple of months. I've never paid for Memrise so not sure if the pro features are worth it or not.

Ok thank you, has the free version for restrictions? Like what are the cons for the free version
Reply 10
Qué bueno 😂

Yo necesito agua
Yo necesito agua

¿En serio necesitas agua? Ajá, ¿lo inventó?
Reply 12
¿En serio necesitas agua? Ajá, ¿lo inventó?

Absolutely no clue what you just said 😂
Absolutely no clue what you just said 😂

Google translate helped me
Yo necesito agua

All I can remember in Spanish is some animals , food , and most family members like mum, sister blah blah blah and simple sentences and thats about it
For example I think sister is hermana and brother is hermano, can't quite remember
All i can remember is "me encanta el sumo de naranja" lmao.. spanish was the most subject i enjoyed at gcse
Reply 16
Google translate helped me

You said something about “need”

Lol
Reply 17
Original post by .2.0.0.3.
All i can remember is "me encanta el sumo de naranja" lmao.. spanish was the most subject i enjoyed at gcse

What does that mean?

It’s ... the something?
What does that mean?

It’s ... the something?

Means i love orange juice😂
You said something about “need”

Lol

What, in the sentence ? I think I said something like what why do you need water ? Idk what I put I forgot 😂 because you said something about water , so Google says

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending