The Student Room Group

BTEC Health And Social Care Level 3 Study Group 2020/2021

Scroll to see replies

does anyone know how religion may positively impact diet
Original post by aleenaraja
does anyone know how religion may positively impact diet

Kosher, Halal, some religions prohibits eating meat, some vegans some vegetarians etc.

it’s learning aim D, P6, P7, M5, D4, P8, M6 & D3

Alright I'll PM you about it
Reply 42
Does anyone know if BTEC grades will be marked as normal this year?
I'm struggling with assignments due to online learning.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Starlight15
Kosher, Halal, some religions prohibits eating meat, some vegans some vegetarians etc.

Alright I'll PM you about it

thank you
does anyone know how to properly answer exam questions like i know the content but don’t know how to formulate it into answers
Hello everyone! Can you give me tips to understand the questions especially in Unit 1: Human Lifespan Development? English is not my first language and I just recently moved here to UK, and I can't properly understand and answer the questions. Thank you so much so your help! <3
Hi im doing unit 8 public health extended, do we have to add stats and data throughout the coursework to pass?
Hey all. Just stumbled across this thread.

Well done for keeping motivated(I know the feeling) but you’re all doing great. Keep going. 😊

I have completed HSC with DDM as my final grade if anyone is interested and needs help I’m more than happy to help you.

Thanks! 😊

Keep safe all.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Cait252
Does anyone know if BTEC grades will be marked as normal this year?
I'm struggling with assignments due to online learning and find it quite unfair that we are expected to reach the standard of work that we would have completed if we were having face to face lessons.

It's unknown at the moment unfortunetly, for now keep continuing with your coursework
does anyone know how to properly answer exam questions like i know the content but don’t know how to formulate it into answers

Assuming this is for unit 4, It should be intro about a sentence or two then the main body 2 to 3 paragraphs then conclusion a sentence or two long
Original post by Amity Blight
Hello everyone! Can you give me tips to understand the questions especially in Unit 1: Human Lifespan Development? English is not my first language and I just recently moved here to UK, and I can't properly understand and answer the questions. Thank you so much so your help! <3

Highlight the key parts of the question and section the questions for example, Evaluate possible explanations for the development of grammar with reference to Chomsky’s theory of language acquisition (Evaluate means to look at so what this question is saying is to look for possible explanations of how children develop grammer from conception based on Chomsky’s theory of language acquisition)
Original post by mabinty bangura
Hi im doing unit 8 public health extended, do we have to add stats and data throughout the coursework to pass?

Nope, you don't have to
Original post by gin_n_tonic
evaluation of how genetics are important across the lifestages?

From the time conception happens, you have recessive and dominate genes, for example hair colour eye colour and also genetic diseases like parkinson' or cytistic fibrosis, from puberty body changes and growth spurt (height based on genetics), from old age genetic dieases such as parkinsons will appear

Hope this helps
hi could someone please help with unit 7! most of it is done i’m just struggling with M1 and D1, i’m not too sure what sort of things to talk about!! am using the firs residence as my case study
Original post by maciejma15
hi could someone please help with unit 7! most of it is done i’m just struggling with M1 and D1, i’m not too sure what sort of things to talk about!! am using the firs residence as my case study

I can help PM me
Original post by 017038.bibi
what is an example of tiredness?

my life
Original post by hannahrowling1
my life

:hugs:
I am currently doing unit 10 sociological perspectives and I am really struggling with doing P7 M4 M4 D3 in the assignment and its due tomorrow and i need a lot of help please!!
Original post by adviceforcollege
I am currently doing unit 10 sociological perspectives and I am really struggling with doing P7 M4 M4 D3 in the assignment and its due tomorrow and i need a lot of help please!!

Never done that unit but I can help to explain it for you

Tell me the full question of P7 M4 and D3
Original post by Starlight15
Never done that unit but I can help to explain it for you

Tell me the full question of P7 M4 and D3

p7 is (Explain patterns and trends in health and ill health within social groups)
m3 is (Analyse the impact of social inequality on different groups in society)
m4 is (Analyse how the use of demographic information could impact on, and improve the planning of provision of health and social care in an area)
d3 is (Evaluate the importance of sociological perspectives to understand society, reduce social inequalities and improve service provision.)
(edited 3 years ago)
M3 Talk about how social inequality can affect gender, race, age, disability, sexual orientation using PIES (physically, emotionally, intellectually and socially and don't worry if one of them ie not applicable you can skip it) talk about society and the societal norms of each of these categories and how it affects day to day life feel free to use real life examples of where social inequality happens in health and social care settings or what you see on the internet or the news

I'll write M4 now @adviceforcollege
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by adviceforcollege
p7 is (Explain patterns and trends in health and ill health within social groups)
m3 is (Analyse the impact of social inequality on different groups in society)
m4 is (Analyse how the use of demographic information could impact on, and improve the planning of provision of health and social care in an area)
d3 is (Evaluate the importance of sociological perspectives to understand society, reduce social inequalities and improve service provision.)

M4 talk about how demographic information can affect on how they will provide care for other service users for example the equality act 2010 made an impact as it's illegal to discriminate someone based in their race, ethnicity, gender, religion etc also the data protection act 1998 and the human rights act 1998 talk about acts that prevents discrimination and the origin of how the act came to be (some of them came from demographic information on social inequality)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending