The Student Room Group

Deadlift tomorrow

Back to deadlifting in a gym tomorrow let’s gooooo

Anyone else getting back in after lockdown?

Scroll to see replies

I workout at home so :colone:
Original post by hootdoot04
I workout at home so :colone:

I have too over lockdown, but it’s nice to get a bit of atmosphere back in gyms 😅
I've discovered the calluses on my hands last around 3.5 weeks. So, of course, blood was involved in the first deadlift session.
Original post by Nutritionist

God! Absolutely love deads! I have a home gym in my garage so have been able to stay consistent throughout lockdown. Have fun!
How much you pulling tomorrow bro?
Original post by Calibrated.
I've discovered the calluses on my hands last around 3.5 weeks. So, of course, blood was involved in the first deadlift session.

Torn callus’s and alcohol based hand sanitizer do NOT mix 😩😩
Original post by beth/powerlifter
God! Absolutely love deads! I have a home gym in my garage so have been able to stay consistent throughout lockdown. Have fun!

Me too! Gotta be the favourite just ahead of squats and then bench is love/hate 😂

I’ve got a home gym too so I’ve been able to deadlift, just something different about doing it in front of people again 😅
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
How much you pulling tomorrow bro?

190kg for a comfy single then 172.5 for a 3x3 mate. Nothing extreme but it’s the first week of a new block 👌🏻
190kg for a comfy single then 172.5 for a 3x3 mate. Nothing extreme but it’s the first week of a new block 👌🏻

190kg single + ‘nothing extreme’ do not mix I’m afraid
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
190kg single + ‘nothing extreme’ do not mix I’m afraid

Hahaha all relative my man 😅
Hahaha all relative my man 😅

I bet :lol:
Me too! Gotta be the favourite just ahead of squats and then bench is love/hate 😂

I’ve got a home gym too so I’ve been able to deadlift, just something different about doing it in front of people again 😅

Haha nice! I do love squatting but took me ages to get the right depth and form! Can never do it in converse or any flat shoes. I do love benching but struggled with it for a while. Getting my numbers higher though, it's always fun showing off a PB.
Original post by beth/powerlifter
Haha nice! I do love squatting but took me ages to get the right depth and form! Can never do it in converse or any flat shoes. I do love benching but struggled with it for a while. Getting my numbers higher though, it's always fun showing off a PB.

What are your PB’s atm?

Im the same with shoes, gotta bust out the Romaleo’s for squats
Reply 14
Deadlift day was yesterday! 💪🏻 (for me anyway).
(edited 3 years ago)
Weak, I get my calluses from playing badminton. :smug:

Yes I went today for the first time since lockdown and have broken my shoulder today after being a bit optimistic with one set.
Original post by Bexjw
Deadlift day was yesterday! 💪🏻 (for me anyway).

Good to hear! How did it go after (I’m guessing) a few weeks off?
Original post by Rufus the red
Weak, I get my calluses from playing badminton. :smug:

I actually used to play badminton and I remember the calluses 😂
Original post by mnot
Yes I went today for the first time since lockdown and have broken my shoulder today after being a bit optimistic with one set.

Holy ****, sorry to hear that 😬 that’s a bit extreme as far as deadlift injuries go

Quick Reply

Latest