The Student Room Group

Should I have reported this doctor?

For context: I’m a 16 year old girl (I’m drunk so please excuse my awful formatting) this boy added me on Snapchat, turns out he was 23 and he is in medical school. He stated off nice then he was asking me inappropriate questions like do I finger myself etc..I had a massive go at him saying how he could potentially lose his job and he’s an absolute creep then blocked him. I just feel ew and idk

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by hootdoot04
For context: I’m a 16 year old girl (I’m drunk so please excuse my awful formatting) this boy added me on Snapchat, turns out he was 23 and he is in medical school. He stated off nice then he was asking me inappropriate questions like do I finger myself etc..I had a massive go at him saying how he could potentially lose his job and he’s an absolute creep then blocked him. I just feel ew and idk

wow, id suggest staying off of snapchat for a while!

Definitely report him - if he's going into medicine, may end up working with other people your age and may possibly put them in danger too. Having someone that talks inappropriately to younger people in a field like his is so dangerous! By reporting him to his school/job, there will be less of a chance that he will talk to you or someone inappropriately ever again.
Any advice?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Definitely report him - if he's going into medicine, may end up working with other people your age and may possibly put them in danger too. Having someone that talks inappropriately to younger people in a field like his is so dangerous! By reporting him to his school/job, there will be less of a chance that he will talk to you or someone inappropriately ever again.

Ikr I’m just creeped out lol, people like this shouldn’t be allowed near vulnerable people
Reply 5
How do you know he's 23 and in medical school? People can lie online.
I mean don't doctors have sexual relations too? I don't agree with the age thing, but isn't in legal in the UK?
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
How do you know he's 23 and in medical school? People can lie online.

He sent me pics of him in his scrubs :s-smilie: just find it gross that people do this like wtf
He isn't a doctor, he's a medical student.

I don't really see what grounds you would have for reporting him. You are over the age of consent, and doctors/medical students are allowed to flirt/sext like anyone else.
Original post by sunny.side.up
I mean don't doctors have sexual relations too? I don't agree with the age thing, but isn't in legal in the UK?

Kind of in agreement with this.

What he did was creepy, but with no other context - it's kind of excessive to immediately try to end his career. OP may appear old for her age, not display her age on social media platforms/snapchat, further to sexual acts between individuals aged >=16 being entirely legal (Assuming they're in the UK).

Yeah, this person could potentially abuse his position to take advantage of vulnerable people, but making this sweeping statement based on one act with no context is kind of extreme.
Original post by Chief Wiggum

I don't really see what grounds you would have for reporting him. You are over the age of consent, and doctors/medical students are allowed to flirt/sext like anyone else.

I mean 🤷*♂️ isn’t he breaking safeguarding rules, I spoke to my parents (they work in the medical field) and he could be struck off
I mean 🤷*♂️ isn’t he breaking safeguarding rules, I spoke to my parents (they work in the medical field) and he could be struck off

What "safeguarding rules"? You aren't a patient of his, are you? (And he's a medical student anyway by the sounds of things, not a fully qualified doctor.)

What next? Will it be a "reportable offence" for medical students to use Tinder?!
What "safeguarding rules"? You aren't a patient of his, are you? (And he's a medical student anyway by the sounds of things, not a fully qualified doctor.)

If you’re a doctor you have to have a DBS check...he started his creepy BS before he asked my age. What if i was naive 11 year old? He’d have CSA images on his phone

Healthcare professionals, including students, have a duty to uphold certain principles set out by their relevant regulating body so it is more than plausible that the student in question may have been disobeying said rules and could face disciplinary action. Naturally, if the student was reported, an investigation would follow suit to determine whether he should be disciplined.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Healthcare professionals, including students, have a duty to uphold certain principles set out by their relevant regulating body so it is more than plausible that the student in question may have been disobeying said rules and could face disciplinary action. Naturally, if the student was reported, an investigation would follow suit to determine whether he should be disciplined.

I’m hope he’s been scared off from pulling this crap lmao
It wasn’t tinder lol, I hate the concept of tinder..it was Snapchat and he randomly added me
Reply 16
He sent me pics of him in his scrubs :s-smilie: just find it gross that people do this like wtf

It may not be of him.
Original post by Kerzen
It may not be of him.

Urgh glad I blocked him like I’m just a bit ew on the entire situation
Original post by Mesopotamian.

If he was reported, I imagine the medical school probably would discipline him, although I don't really think he's done much wrong. Although I'm unclear what body regulates medical students? I imagine it would just be up to the medical school.

If you’re a doctor you have to have a DBS check...he started his creepy BS before he asked my age. What if i was naive 11 year old? He’d have CSA images on his phone

True, but you weren't 11. You could make that argument about anything, tbh. Eg, "A guy flirted with me on Tinder before he knew my age. I could have been underage."
People can lie about their age.

I personally don't buy into this "higher moral standard" thing, although some people clearly do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending