The Student Room Group

I really want to see my bf during lockdown?

I know it’s super selfish cuz of lockdown and I shouldn’t but I have to go back to uni soon and I want to see him as much as possible before I go back. :frown:

I really miss him, it’s a new relationship as well so we haven’t even kissed yet or anything. He invited me to go round to his, I’m not sure if I should, we both currently live with our parents but we are 20.
Meeting outside is hard because it’s so cold. The thought of not seeing him till March makes me so upset

Scroll to see replies

You can see him: over Skype.
face time him or talk on social media
Original post by Anonymous
I know it’s super selfish cuz of lockdown and I shouldn’t but I have to go back to uni soon and I want to see him as much as possible before I go back. :frown:

I really miss him, it’s a new relationship as well so we haven’t even kissed yet or anything. He invited me to go round to his, I’m not sure if I should, we both currently live with our parents but we are 20.
Meeting outside is hard because it’s so cold. The thought of not seeing him till March makes me so upset

This is exactly how covid spreads. Everyone thinks their one excursion will be ok.

Everyone across the country has to make sacrifices.
Seriously just go and see him
Seriously just go and see him

Wowwww u give bad advice
1) it’s against the law unless ur doing exercise outdoors
2) she’s also putting her parents at risk; she might be fine but her parents will probably have it pretty bad (they must be middle aged if she’s 20 herself)...
Get a coat on and go for a walk, it is only 2C so a few layers, hats and gloves might be in order.

It's really not that cold, put on a coat and meet outside. It's England not Russia. If you do choose to go his then you are incredibly selfish
Reply 8

do it. nobody cares about their *****y lockdown anymore. most politicians break the rules too, why should we obey them? i ignore most of them.
Reply 9
some are actually ridiculous.. or the whole thing about vaccinating over 80s? they're probably just test bunnies. i mean it makes no logical sense, old people rarely leave the house. vaccinate working age people?
Original post by Ciel.
do it. nobody cares about their *****y lockdown anymore. most politicians break the rules too, why should we obey them? i ignore most of them.

*not most, a very small minority (Cummings)
Idk if u watch the news but disobeying the rules can only make the situation worse and put even more pressure on the nhs (as someone who works for the nhs, take it from me that it is bad rn and if anything, the news is underplaying the amount of pressure we’re under now)
U might have been lucky so far with the virus but please follow the rules they’re there for a reason. 💛
Original post by Ciel.
some are actually ridiculous.. or the whole thing about vaccinating over 80s? lmao whatever for. not like they have a lot of time left. they're probably just test bunnies. i mean it makes no logical sense, old people rarely leave the house. vaccinate working age people?

That’s so ignorant of u to say

The elderly have struggled as well eg facing even more loneliness. They have family.
Their deaths would impact other people.

The way it’s working is that the highest risk people are being vaccinated first (including frontline workers as well as carers bc of who they with).

Please follow the rules and stop being selfish. 💛
Reply 12
*not most, a very small minority (Cummings)
Idk if u watch the news but disobeying the rules can only make the situation worse and put even more pressure on the nhs (as someone who works for the nhs, take it from me that it is bad rn and if anything, the news is underplaying the amount of pressure we’re under now)
U might have been lucky so far with the virus but please follow the rules they’re there for a reason. 💛

we should just all die. wouldn't that be better? life in lockdown is boring af and i'm sick of it. it's ****ing torment.
That’s so ignorant of u to say

The elderly have struggled as well eg facing even more loneliness. They have family.
Their deaths would impact other people.

The way it’s working is that the highest risk people are being vaccinated first (including frontline workers as well as carers bc of who they with).

Please follow the rules and stop being selfish. 💛

young people have families too and they're more likely to spread the virus in their workplace, schools etc. stop acting like there's any logic in our government's decision. nothing adds up
Original post by Ciel.
we should just all die. wouldn't that be better? life in lockdown is boring af and i'm sick of it. it's ****ing torment.

young people have families too and they're more likely to spread the virus in their workplace, schools etc. stop acting like there's any logic in our government's decision. nothing adds up

I’m sorry u feel that way, especially bc I’ve acc really enjoyed lockdown (nonetheless I can’t wait till everything gets back to ‘normal’)

I believe schools are closed rn? Correct me if I’m wrong but only children of key workers etc can go in? And everyone has been told to work from home if possible?

Young people are less likely to suffer from the virus but risk increases with age.
To reduce pressure on the nhs, it makes sense to start with those least at risk bc they’re most likely to need intensive care (unfortunately the virus has wreaked havoc despite shielding).
Furthermore, the elderly are (on average) less able to take advantage of the internet, further increasing their isolation from society.

Please follow the rules! 💛
I’m sorry u feel that way, especially bc I’ve acc really enjoyed lockdown (nonetheless I can’t wait till everything gets back to ‘normal’)

I believe schools are closed rn? Correct me if I’m wrong but only children of key workers etc can go in? And everyone has been told to work from home if possible?

Young people are less likely to suffer from the virus but risk increases with age.
To reduce pressure on the nhs, it makes sense to start with those least at risk bc they’re most likely to need intensive care (unfortunately the virus has wreaked havoc despite shielding).
Furthermore, the elderly are (on average) less able to take advantage of the internet, further increasing their isolation from society.

*it makes sense to start with those MOST at risk (stupid predictive text)
Reply 15

they were open like throughout november. and tons of people can't work from home.
you sound brainwashed af. 'the elderly' are still isolated from society, even after getting the vaccine so we should focus on those who are most likely to spread the virus
Reply 16
I know it’s super selfish cuz of lockdown and I shouldn’t

Answered your own question there.
Original post by Ciel.
they were open like throughout november. and tons of people can't work from home.
you sound brainwashed af. 'the elderly' are still isolated from society, even after getting the vaccine so we should focus on those who are most likely to spread the virus

I work in the nhs so I have seen firsthand the effects of the virus.
The new strain was identified to be 70% more transmissible in December I believe; it was not prominent before.

The increased transmissibility means that children are now much more likely to spread it (whereas previously this was not the case).
Furthermore, isn’t the fact that we had a period of relaxation an example of young people being prioritised for once?
Reply 18
I work in the nhs so I have seen firsthand the effects of the virus.
The new strain was identified to be 70% more transmissible in December I believe; it was not prominent before.

The increased transmissibility means that children are now much more likely to spread it (whereas previously this was not the case).
Furthermore, isn’t the fact that we had a period of relaxation an example of young people being prioritised for once?

there's no scientific evidence that proves it is 70% more transmissible.
and no, that period of relaxation was just so that would would spend money on xmas stuff and ****, lol
Original post by Ciel.

Statistically speaking, young people may be more likely to spread the virus, but less likely to end up in intensive care and die from it. The problem is if they're are the one's transmitting the virus it's those who are vulnerable to who will deal with ripples from that. By vaccinating the vulnerable first you reduce the chance of them being needed to be taken into intensive care/and or dying which subsequently reduces pressure on health care services.

There is plenty of logic in their decision.

Latest

Trending

Trending