The Student Room Group

Unwanted pregnancy

Please answer guys. I had an unprotected sex last month on December 5, 2020 but the sperm was outside only. I got my period on December 17, 2020. I'm confused because this month January 17, 2021, this is the time that i will got my period but i notice that I have brown discharge but no period. And past few days i notice vaginal dryness but this month i don't have penetrative sex. But why am i having brown discharge instead of period and I tried to finger myself to now if there is blood, then after i saw blood in my finger. Am i pregnant?
Reply 1
No you're not!
Reply 2
Can I ask why is this happening? I can stop overthinking and it's so sad :frown:
Please don't double post and post a lot in other people's threads :smile:

If you're worried you might be pregnant, the quickest and easiest way to be reassured is to take a pregnancy test!
I would then see your GP to discuss the bleeding, and/or visit a sexual health clinic to get tested for STIs as you've had unprotected sex. Some STIs can cause vaginal bleeding.
Reply 4
Original post by becausethenight
Please don't double post and post a lot in other people's threads :smile:

If you're worried you might be pregnant, the quickest and easiest way to be reassured is to take a pregnancy test!
I would then see your GP to discuss the bleeding, and/or visit a sexual health clinic to get tested for STIs as you've had unprotected sex. Some STIs can cause vaginal bleeding.

I already take pregnancy test before the brown discharge came and i take again when the brown discharge came because i'm worried and the result is both negative. My brown discharge lasted for 2 days and I got no period. Is that normal? Or i'll wait next month if this happens again? Pls answer
Reply 5
I think I replied to one of your other threads but just saying here, it's very unlikely you are, especially as your tests are negative you aren't pregnant :smile:

As for the overthinking it sounds to me like you have a lot of anxiety? Might be good to talk to a professional about it all? And maybe consider contraceptives if you're sexually active
Reply 6
Original post by Elektra06
I think I replied to one of your other threads but just saying here, it's very unlikely you are, especially as your tests are negative you aren't pregnant :smile:

As for the overthinking it sounds to me like you have a lot of anxiety? Might be good to talk to a professional about it all? And maybe consider contraceptives if you're sexual.

I'm sorry I'm just very nervous and I'm overthinking. I just don't want to disappoint my mother that's why I'm making sure. And this is the first time that happens to me. Brown discharge but no period. I appreciate for answering my questions. I'm relieved
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I'm sorry I'm just very nervous and I'm overthinking. I just don't want to disappoint my mother that's why I'm making sure. And this is the first time that happens to me. Brown discharge but no period. I appreciate for answering my questions. I'm relieved

And my brown discharge only lasts for 2 days
I already take pregnancy test before the brown discharge came and i take again when the brown discharge came because i'm worried and the result is both negative. My brown discharge lasted for 2 days and I got no period. Is that normal? Or i'll wait next month if this happens again? Pls answer

It could have just been a very light period (changes to your cycle can be quite common in the first couple of years of menstruating, if you’re stressed, or if you’ve recently changed contraception to give some examples)

If you’re worried, though, you really should see your GP as they can reassure you. You also definitely need to get an STI test and figure out contraception in future. You’re almost 100% certainly not pregnant if you’ve had 2 negative tests.
Reply 9
Original post by becausethenight
It could have just been a very light period (changes to your cycle can be quite common in the first couple of years of menstruating, if you’re stressed, or if you’ve recently changed contraception to give some examples)

If you’re worried, though, you really should see your GP as they can reassure you. You also definitely need to get an STI test and figure out contraception in future. You’re almost 100% certainly not pregnant if you’ve had 2 negative tests

Okay. Thank you for answering my questions!! I appreciate it. Can I ask what can you say about vaginal discharge or is there any treatment or to eat with that? I also experience that before the brown discharge came. Hope u reply :smile:
Okay. Thank you for answering my questions!! I appreciate it. Can I ask what can you say about vaginal discharge or is there any treatment or to eat with that? I also experience that before the brown discharge came. Hope u reply :smile:

I mean what can you say about vaginal dryness*
I mean what can you say about vaginal dryness*

(Original post by Anonymous)

For vaginal dryness a lot depends on what’s causing it, if it might be because you’re not aroused. You can also try using lubricants.
Have a look here: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/how_do_you_fix_dryness

Again, ultimately, it might be worth discussing with your GP.

Quick Reply

Latest