The Student Room Group

Am I pregnant

Hi so I have been experiencing lower abdomen pain and I have been feeling nauseous but I have not throwed up. I have consulted a pharmacist and a general practice for two profession perspective the pharmacist say pain isn’t experienced within pregnancy and that it’s the symptoms and pain towards my period starting which usually begins on the 29th of each month on the other hand the general practice have said that these aren’t symptoms of period pain and that they are symptoms of pregnancy and that I would have to call up 111 if I were to terminate my pregnancy, as well as do a test to find out which I plan to do anyways and if I were to keep my child I would have to let the midwife know to know what’s next….

Also what is the factors to take into consideration in raising a child please I appreciate your advice and thank you so much to all for your support.
I think you’ve already made another thread about this?

It’s a bit early to be fielding guidance on raising a child. As per the other thread take a pregnancy test, (or another if the results were unclear or if you are still worried).
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi so I have been experiencing lower abdomen pain and I have been feeling nauseous but I have not throwed up. I have consulted a pharmacist and a general practice for two profession perspective the pharmacist say pain isn’t experienced within pregnancy and that it’s the symptoms and pain towards my period starting which usually begins on the 29th of each month on the other hand the general practice have said that these aren’t symptoms of period pain and that they are symptoms of pregnancy and that I would have to call up 111 if I were to terminate my pregnancy, as well as do a test to find out which I plan to do anyways and if I were to keep my child I would have to let the midwife know to know what’s next….

Also what is the factors to take into consideration in raising a child please I appreciate your advice and thank you so much to all for your support.

Who in earth did you speak to at the general practice? The cleaner???
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
Who in earth did you speak to at the general practice? The cleaner???

No the receptionist working at the gp
Do a test
Reply 5
Original post by Hey Lyla Girl
Do a test

Thank you will do
No the receptionist working at the gp

And they said you were pregnant on the back of a couple of symptoms?
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by ageshallnot
And they said you were pregnant on the back of a couple of symptoms?

No they said that they maybe symptoms of pregnancy…
Reply 8
Do a pregnancy test on the first day after a missed period or if you don’t know the period date, then 21 days after sex without contraception. If the test is positive, make an appointment to see your GP
Reply 9
Go to Tescos.
Buy a pregnancy test.
Pee on a stick.

PS. The most common reason for lower abdo pain for a woman is either a urinary infection or menstruation - or a pulled muscle.
Sounds like it could be PMS, but to be sure. Get a pregnancy test, they are easily available in Supermarkets and Pharmacies.
No they said that they maybe symptoms of pregnancy…

Or, as others have suggested, something else. Just do a test.
Reply 12
Yeah, and a pain in your abdomen may be cancer (it's most probably not but I am making a point). Doesn't mean you should start planning chemo. Get tested first then make a plan for what comes after.
Original post by ROTL94 4
Yeah, and a pain in your abdomen may be cancer (it's most probably not but I am making a point). Doesn't mean you should start planning chemo. Get tested first then make a plan for what comes after.

google dupe lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending