The Student Room Group

Can I appeal university rejection

I have been rejected from university today and the reason is because I don’t have the required subjects and an A at a subject they look for. Upon looking that up on the website, they don’t even require an A in any subject and the only subject that is compulsory to have is Biology which I do at the required grade. I think this is unfair that I have been rejected for that reason. Can I appeal their decision?
Original post by xelliexx223
I have been rejected from university today and the reason is because I don’t have the required subjects and an A at a subject they look for. Upon looking that up on the website, they don’t even require an A in any subject and the only subject that is compulsory to have is Biology which I do at the required grade. I think this is unfair that I have been rejected for that reason. Can I appeal their decision?

If they have wrongly applied their own rules then yes. Are you sure you have all the required subjects and grades, including GCSEs? And are they clear about the reasons?
Original post by ageshallnot
If they have wrongly applied their own rules then yes. Are you sure you have all the required subjects and grades, including GCSEs? And are they clear about the reasons?

Yeah they need BBBB at Scottish Highers and I have AAABB ( Biology required at B and I have an A). So I think I meet all requirements otherwise I would not have applied.
Original post by xelliexx223
Yeah they need BBBB at Scottish Highers and I have AAABB ( Biology required at B and I have an A). So I think I meet all requirements otherwise I would not have applied.

Give them a ring tomorrow morning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending