The Student Room Group

Failed last module in final year of nursing school

I failed my last module twice, applied for an appeal which was rejected. Went further for a request for review which was also unfortunately rejected, so I feel like just accepting the final result the board has given me.

However, how can I become a registered nurse with the NMC after receiving an ordinary degree in science health related care?
Can I apply for the open university, shall I try and transfer to another university that will let me redo the module.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by rodaba1
I failed my last module twice, applied for an appeal which was rejected. Went further for a request for review which was also unfortunately rejected, so I feel like just accepting the final result the board has given me.

However, how can I become a registered nurse with the NMC after receiving an ordinary degree in science health related care?
Can I apply for the open university, shall I try and transfer to another university that will let me redo the module.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you

NMC
Short answer: No
Long answer: you need to pass absolutely everything and finish with a full degree in nursing or midwifery to get entry to the NMC register. You haven't passed everything, so haven't got a nursing degree, so can't get onto the NMC register.

University
Completing one module with a different university to complete (any) degree isn't really a thing, but you may be able to redo 3rd year at another institution.
Reply 2
Original post by Emily_B
NMC
Short answer: No
Long answer: you need to pass absolutely everything and finish with a full degree in nursing or midwifery to get entry to the NMC register. You haven't passed everything, so haven't got a nursing degree, so can't get onto the NMC register.

University
Completing one module with a different university to complete (any) degree isn't really a thing, but you may be able to redo 3rd year at another institution.

Alright, thank you for your advice.
Reply 3
Hey Im in the exact same position. Can I ask what you ended up pursuing please x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending